ISDTRR 1975 Puch SD175 finished

Started by t20sl, August 30, 2007, 05:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

t20sl

Thought I would share this since JP imported these at one time.  Maiden ride will be next Saturday at the Little Burr Vintage Enduro.

DKWRACER

From "rags to riches".....tho not a Penton, still echos, of a dream....

Congratulations, heck I even have/had a Bultaco 180 in my stable......I sold it back to the original owner, secumbed by his desire, to have it back. :D

Tom Brosius
Thomas Brosius

hrbay

I like it. Please don't race it in the mud.

GC
GC

paul

Hey, Have you been spyin out my garage? I put the same silencer on my Bul and have one coming for my Hare Scrambler. They sound/look great. The Puch is beautiful. Thanks for sharing the pics, Paul

Ron

WOW!! Great job Ted,
Fantastic looking bike.
I wish I had taken pic's of mine before I started. I paid $75.00 originally, so that should give you some an idea.
Those Puch bikes used to kick butt out here in the California Desert.
Glad you figured out he pic's.
I tip my hat to ya, I'd be proud to own that one.
RonW

Brett

Restoring one of these myself. If it turns out anywhere close to that I'll be happy. Dad was a dealer back in the day and I recovered one of the 175's that he originally sold. Absolutely love the mods you've made. (case guards, up pipe, aluminum rims, over the peg brake lever) Looks like what Puch should of made. Gonna use your pic as wall paper to remind me everytime I plop my butt down at the puter I should be in the garage!!!   Very Nice...
If it doesn\\\'t have a motor it\\\'s not a sport, It\\\'s only a game.

Dwight Rudder

What exhaust is that ?  I have never seen that on a PUCH.  The SD175 came with a down pipe.   Looks good though.
Dwight

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist
8 time National Enduro Class Champion.

t20sl

Thanks guys for all the praise.  Dwight, its homemade.  Low pipe lowered ground clearance way too much in my opinion.  I put the aircleaner inside to make room for the exhaust.  Now it has about 10" of clearance.  Also thanks to the 14.5" shocks instead of the 13" ones it had from the factory.  I have a 125 that is bone stock, same model with the down exhaust.  Started out looking for a factory down race pipe by Puch but decided to try my hand at making one that was up.  Ted

desmond197

Great job I have a 125 like yours. I hear that some of the 175 down pipe Puchs that came to the US had trick 175 motors in them. Does yours have the upgraded motor?

t20sl

As far as I know the motor is stone stock.  Still on original bore and all porting looks normal.  First ride was uneventful.  No strange noises or problems other than no damping in top of stroke on front forks all day.  Turns out Puch's manual shows oil capacity about 70cc less than it should be.