OEM Shocks for Six Day?

Started by imported_n/a, July 17, 2006, 09:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imported_n/a

POG, what brand of rear shocks would these things be on my 74 Six Day? They appear to be the originals from when the bike was new, chrome on all surfaces, and look rather inexpensive/low end. Five settings, no name/numbers stamped anywhere on either one and no decals. Thanks,

Chris H.

Dwight Rudder

Originals were Girlings.  Black all over.  What you have is some Jap aftermarket shocks. Next best to original were KONI but if you want a great rider go for Works Performance Shocks.
IMO
Dwight

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist
8 time National Enduro Class Champion.

Kip Kern

Chris  They could have been Cerianis, silver bodies with chrome springs. Or Girlings, black bodies with black springs or black bodies with chrome springs.  Al B. sells the latter Girling repops that look perfect!  I even have pictures of the 72/73 Six Days with Ceriani black bodies with the chrome shroud and Ceriani black bodies with chrome springs. CIAO

imported_n/a

Thanks guys for the quick response. I was debating on whether to replace these or not. They sure look like cheap aftermarket stuff and pretty rusty. I'll start looking around.

cheeterman

imported_n/a

It's me  again, POG, what is the proper/maximum length eye to eye for rear shocks on my 74 Six Day? Thanks,

Chris H.

imported_n/a

POG, re my posting from over a year ago about the rear shocks that came on my 74 Six Day: There's a fellow parting out a 72 or 73 Six Day on ebay right now and the shocks he has for sale are identical to the ones that came on my 74. They are chrome on chrome with no decals or branding. I've seen a couple pictures lately of Ceriani's that were all chrome. Could these shocks be the original Ceriani's that came on my bike as new?? The whole bike was stock and 100% complete when I bought it. Kip Kern seems to indicate in his 7/18/06 reply that they could indeed be Ceriani. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks, Chris H.

Lew Mayer

12.9 in. eye to eye. 13 will do. 13.5 will turn a little better.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer