Sachs crank bearings shims

Started by paul, September 15, 2007, 09:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul

Hey Yall, the six days I bought last week has a bad vibration and from what I can tell its the right crank bearing. Normally I would not hesitate to replace this but I have no idea how or why the sachs engine has crank bearing spacers or shims. Should they be put in if there were none, or put it together as it came apart? even thou it sounds like a hassel I am going to use the 3 piece bearings that Al sells. Any advice on this will be greatly appreciated. What sepcial tools are needed? Is there a shop or idividual near Charlotte NC that is capable of replacing these bearings that yall know of. Barry Higgins moved out west as far as I know and he was my best bet and great KTM parts source. Thanks much....maybe see ya at Barber,Paul

Merlin

.........the 3 piece angular contact main bearings take a bit of measuring to assemble the engine correctly, do not attempt to put standard cartridge type bearing in these types of engines. To install the proper bearings (3 piece) the procedure is for an experienced patient mechanic. You can to a certain degree get away without using the special tools but the chances of wrecking something increase accordingly.........
Quote: Thomas Jefferson, We are all born ignorant, some work to remain that way.
 Quote:Peter Villacaro, \\"it is impossible to teach those that wish not to be taught\\".