Elsinore Grand Prix

Started by VICTOR MONZ, October 17, 2007, 10:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VICTOR MONZ

Sad, Sad days out here. It appears the Elsinore Grand Prix may not be happening this year.

Must of heard of my broken leg and that I wouldn't be riding my 1973 Harescrambler again or maybe it is just politics at work in our overdeveloped area.

Just kidding POGERS that September issue of "Still Keeping Track" didn't go to my head!

Humbly Yours,

Victor Monz

Paul Danik

Victor,

Maybe you need to come back to your home town and start the Amherst Grand Prix, Gee, I wonder who the Grand Marshall could be the first year!   Sure would be convienent to set up a POG display.

Paul

Gary Roach

Victor,

I saw this on the Racer X website:

October 17, 2007  

Lake Elsinore Grand Prix Is On Again
- press release -

After much debate and bureaucratic roadblocks, the long awaited Elsinore Grand Prix is now going to be run by the Lake Elsinore Moto-X Park. Randy Hiner, owner and CEO of the LEMP, dropped into the Langston Racing Shop to let us know the great news and asked if we could get the word out A.S.A.P.  The Grand Prix will be run on the same annual weekend of November 10th - 11th. The location of the race will be the major difference now. The start/finish will be held at the LEMP and the fast street section will be on Mission Trail Road. For more information check out //www.lakeelsinoremxpark.net.

socalmx

Not the same as the race thru town and into the hills. Just another extended motocross race....too bad.

Marc Biro

Ok guys, we shouldn't complain too much about the routing of the GP. I believe we are very fortunate to even have it this year!

In the 70's, many So. Cal. GP's held at such places as Saddleback Riding Park, Indian Dunes, Rawhide Park, Corona Raceway, Claude Osteen Riding Park, Carlsbad, Glen Helen, etc, were run using the MX track as well as other portions of park, which made for an even playing field for the MX rider, Desert racer and Enduro rider. These events not only brought out droves of riders, but was also well attended by many spectators. So, my hat goes off to the City of lake Elsinore for their huge efforts in keeping this event intact for 2007. I bet next years routing of the event will surprise many!

A little trivia question for you Poggers....In 1973 Honda named their first MX bike that took the market by storm after what So. Cal city?

Marc Biro

chicagojerry

the " elsinore" cr 250m, of course.  i had the second one in the state of illinois way back when. it didn't shift very good for very long then either.   chi jer

socalmx

I was at Indian Dunes during the week when Honda was out there with a pre-production Elsinore 250. They were running it thru it's paces on the Shadow Glen course and boy did it look better than anything available at the time.

socalmx

Oh yeah, I also owned a 1973 CR250M that I raced at AHRMA events in the early 90's. Proved to be too much of a beast for me so I garaged it until I finally decided to sell it in 2004.

paul

Yep, That bike spelled THE END of euro dominence and more than that the end of a lot of euro manufactures. I kind of wish Ducati would build a dirt bike. What do we have left besides KTM? Husky and thats all I know. Maybe Huseburger with a pickle and mayo. That CR 250 was a dream bike to me in 74 as I was 14. easy, TTPaul

socalmx

I stopped riding European after I experienced the brutality of a '84 Husky 500 XC. Everything was sort of funky and parts were hard to come by and expensive. Been riding Jap bikes from that time on..