Picture: Portland Penton Participants

Started by rob w, November 23, 2007, 10:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob w

Penton racers and Legend Honorees, Aug. 26, 2007, Portland, MI. AHRMA VMX National

22K Dan Pagel - 62D Teddy Landers - 41C Dave Katzmeyer - Jack Penton - 314 Dennis Lappin - Jeff Penton - 761 Kevin Kline - 327 Greg Troyan - 84 Jerry Grakauskas - 40C Bill Ryburn - 61G Me
Photo by: Marilyn Pagel

paul

Hey, so how was the track? Being from Lansing originaly I spent a lot of time out at the Portland track back in the late 70's and sure do miss it. The Portland Trail Riders are a good group and attend our St. Helen (MI.) Classic every year. The last time I raced there was in the snow and my brand new bike and I got ran over repeatedly (at least I was up front for a minute) in the first corner. Got any more photos? Sure would enjoy seeing them. Thank,TooTallPaul

wildman

The track was good. Vintage friendly, good dirt and well groomed. My favorite race of the year. Riding with the Penton boys this year was a real kick! Marilyn took lots of photos and some video, as well as one of everyone getting their trophy handed to them by Jack and Jeff Penton. She would burn a disc and send it for $5 S&H.
I like to give a "thumbs up" in memory of Jim Pomeroy when I get my picture taken on a dirtbike. Notice?
Dan Pagel 22K

1975 250 Cross Country, 1974 175 Jackpiner, 1975 125
1975 250 Cross Country, 1974 175 Jackpiner, 1975 125

paul

Wildman, do they still have the triple jump? That was my favorite place to watch between races. I still remember John Demmer (Slicks Salvage) racing his montesa VR and literally flying around or thru that track. Guess I'd better get out of the woods and back on a track cause I sure miss it. It's hard to believe what we used to do with 4 inches of travel in the rear of the bike. Kids nowdays dont have a clue to how beat up we got on thoase bikes....I feel it everyday. Take care,TTP