Ebay Scam!!! Warning!!!

Started by Ernie Phillips, December 04, 2007, 01:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernie Phillips

I just got an "offical" looking notification from an ebay BUYER saying that he PAID ... and I had not shipped ... he was going to report me ...  I went to the "offical looking" site and noticed that instead of https:  it was just http.  If it doesn't have the "s" it is not secure, therefore I conclude is phishing.  (the site looks "offical' and has blanks for ebay ID and password...)

this is what was emailed to me:

>> eBay sent this message.
Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay. Learn more.  
 Question about Item - Respond Now  

eBay sent this message on behalf of an eBay member through My Messages. Responses sent using email will go to the eBay member directly and will include your email address.  

Question from bluebellvue
 bluebellvue( 146)

don't understand why you are not answering back.I have made the payment and you said you will provide a tracking number after the payment is done.If you don't replay I am assuring you I will report you at eBay.I am sorry for that but you gave me no choice.Waiting for your answer asap. Thank you!

Mark Barett.<<

I have never SOLD anything on ebay, so I know it is a hoax.  Be careful out there.

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN
Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN

thrownchain

If you get any questionable E bay or PayPal type letters. Forward them to spoof@ the apropriate site and they will investigate it. I get a couple a month and just forward them on.

Ernie Phillips

Thrown,  spoof@  DONE! Man, That was a slick phishing.  I almost fell for it ... yikes!  I got spoof comfirmation of phishing back from eBay.  If it seems weird, just spoof@ ...  Thanks,

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN
Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN

slvrbrdfxr

Ahoy Ernie,
How's the phishing down your way ?? Any good bites lately ?:D All kidding aside, I appreciate your post to keep us all vigilant. There is always someone out there trying to reach into our pockets and grab all they can without a second thought about it. Another way to tell if the messages are truly coming from eBay is to sign in and check for messages on your My eBay page. If it comes from eBay, it will always show up in your messages on the My eBay page. Once again, when it doubt better spoof it just to be sure.
Dave McCullough

cubfan1968

About a month or so ago someone hacked into my wifes ebay account changed her password and starting bidding on items. She only found this out when dissatisfied starting emailing her to tell her she had wrecked their auction. She notified ebay in time and changed her password so luckily there was minimal damage.

Be careful there are alot of jerks out there.

Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)