New member.

Started by DW.Dusendang, December 04, 2007, 05:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DW.Dusendang

I just thought I'd say hi. I'm an enduro & HS rider whom just caught the vintage bug. I've been lurking for the past 2 weeks thanks to Young Ted and I must say this is a darn good message board with lots of helpful people with good info!

DW
DW
Rockford,MI

DKWRACER

Young Ted eh? Sounds like you are in good company.[:p]

Welcome to the POG!

Tom Brosius
Thomas Brosius

cubfan1968

Welcome aboard. This is a great bunch. You're going to have alot of fun.

Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)

Ernie Phillips

DW, Welcome.  If you get a Penton or just want to have even a better experience, become an offical POG member - see home page.  You get a nifty newsletter filled with useful info, plus if you attend Mid-O, you get to feast on the Buehner Brothers vittles at Pentonville.  yum-yum.  Oh, about that bug you caught, it is infectious and spreads rapidly so be careful around friends and family :D

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN
Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN

DW.Dusendang

Thanks for the kind words everyone! As a matter of fact I just bought a 1977 GS6 175 from a fellow POG member. YT mailed me an application form for POG and it's already been sent in. Looking forward to attending some vintage rides.

DW
Rockford,MI
DW
Rockford,MI

rob w

Rockford ? You mean like - hotdogs at the Corner Bar / Rockford ?

Any friend of (YTT) Young Troublemaker Ted's - is a friend of mine.

WELCOME ! DW

We live only minutes apart.

Bob W

DW.Dusendang

I haven't been to the corner bar in a long time. I live probably 10 min southeast of there. I meant YT through racing enduro's. A good hearted guy right there! YT also trail rides with us during the winter months – Tougher than most teenagers and always a joy to be around.

DW

DW
Rockford,MI
DW
Rockford,MI

wildman

Would you be Dwane Dusendang, former Dirt works customer? Dan Pagel  aka Wildman here. Welcome to POG!

1975 250 Cross Country, 1974 175 Jackpiner, 1975 125
1975 250 Cross Country, 1974 175 Jackpiner, 1975 125

DW.Dusendang

Yes that would be me. I rode for Don for a couple years. Dirt Works was one the best shops ever in business! Good memories of back then. I'm still riding enduros & hare scramble as well as a mountain biking fanatic. How bout you? I thought I seen you at a couple of snow flake rides...

DW

DW
Rockford,MI
DW
Rockford,MI

Young Ted

Not to spill the beans or upset the applecart, I'm guessing it would be OK to add a few words about this new member of the Penton family. I don't recall out first face-to-face meeting but I was aware of Dewayne on the Michigan Trail Riders web site. Somewhere along the way he mentioned getting a Penton and after the '06 Jack Pine tried to back out of taking DAVIE for a spin because he was wearing shorts and flip-flops. He wasn't about to let me call him chicken in front of others but did ask that I start it for him. This sort of backfired as I forgot to turn the gas back on before he left and he later had to start it with the flip-flops on anyway. So much for a little history.
     Now we look forward to having fun riding and raising a little cane now and then. I'll let this much out – Dewayne isn't second to anyone in these areas. There are plans and ideas in place for the riding season and I have to laugh just thinking about it. Who knows, there might be a Penton ride of sorts in Michigan one of these days.  
.   Thank you for welcoming DW to the Penton Owners Group.

Young Ted

Lew Mayer

Young Ted, if he's a friend of yours he's a friend of ours.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

DW.Dusendang

Yes YT I will most defiantly be setting up a vintage trail ride this spring.

DW
Rockford,MI
DW
Rockford,MI

Mike Stephenson

Hey DW - great to see you here! Glad you are amoung the Penton faithfull now! It is a sickness with no known cure you realize?

You, Ted and I are going to have to get together for the Penton Minute.  Jackpine looks doubtfull for me on the Penton, as Mitch will likely do the JP as his first "big" enduro. I want to be on my modern bike to make certain I can stick with him to support him through the entire ride.  I do plan to ride the Penton in some of the FES events though.  

FWIW - for all you other Poggers - the Family Enduro Series here in Michigan will be offering a "vintage exhibition class".  These events are usually ran two loops of maybe 20 miles each, 12 MPH first loop, 18 second loop. Trail is generally a bit easier that a full tilt modern bike enduro.  Perfect stuff for these vintage scoots.  But, if you are Young Ted - you just do the whole Jackpine regardless!:D

Mike Stephenson
Atlanta, Michigan
Penton Newbie - thanks to Young Ted!
Mike Stephenson
Atlanta, Michigan
Penton Newbie - thanks to Young Ted!