GEM Reed Valve Instructions

Started by Chakka, January 05, 2008, 05:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chakka

Does anybody have a copy of the GEM Reed valve installation instructions  and piston modifications for the 175 they could fax / email to me?
Thanks
Chris

john durrill

Chris,
No one has answered yet . I don't have the instruction sheet any more but have installed 2 Gem kits on 175's in th past. Last one was in 91 on a 78 175 GS model. I will try and help if you like. Which cylinder  do you have ( 6 or 7 fin ) and are you putting it on a 175 or 125?
John D.

Chakka

John, It's for a 7 fin 175. Actually I am not installing it but rather I am selling the kit on Ebay and some other POG members asked me if they could have a copy of the installation instructions. Well I looked through the box and noticed it didn't come with any. I have a 175 piston modified for a GEM so I can measure that up with my calipers and make a sketch. Thanks for the offer though.
Chris

Big Mac

I put an article with installation instructions on Gem Reeds on the POG tech site a couple years back, should still be there.

Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

john durrill

Jon,
 I don't see it now. Someone may have deleted it. The members have  access to every thing on it. Can you post it again?
 Its just a place for POG to Store any info needed thats free.  Our Library.
 John D.

Big Mac

It's there in the Yahoo Penton Restoration and Tech Group...look under FILES, then 250 REED KIT INSTALLATION.

Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

john durrill