1970 Penton Steeltanker for sale

Started by AndyL, January 27, 2008, 07:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyL

I figured I would give the POG folks first shot at this. It needs some TLC and finishing.  I have some other projects to do, so this one has to go. It won't be a steal but it won't be too pricey either.

I have been told it is a 1970 or so model. It has the lower pipe mount, long seat.  V4531

Tank has been spray bombed, seat was done locally, engine was pieced together from various Sachs motors, pipe has a pin hole or two.  Rear wheel is steel, front hub was re-laced to an alloy rim.  

Front tire is a Dunlop 756, rear is a Kenda 257D

Carb is a Mikuni, just fitted with large bore fuel line so it sits at a prett steep angle, but it works ok. Runs good, plenty of compression and power, starts pretty easy as long as I dont flood it.

Handlebars are aftermarket and too wide.  Fenders are alloy's cut to fit.  Headlight is too narrow for the mounts and came from a moped.

Wiring needs to be finished

Here are some pictures:

I am thinking $1200 or so or make me an offer.  I also have two or three Sachs bottom ends and five 125 cylinders (a couple are bored to the limit and most have chipped fins).  If you are interested shoot me an email and we can talk.

Andy
#14u MOVMX and AHRMA
1970 Steeltanker
83 YZ 100 and 250
82 RM 125
Suz T500 Titan
Andy
#14u
MOVMX, AMA, AHRMA

checkcrew

Andy, hi, you have mail, thanks, Mike G. if it doesn't make it thru the system contact me at -  [email protected]

Mike Gallagher, Camden County, NJ. - 70 + 71, 125 Steel Tankers, 72 x 2, 73 x 2, 125-6 Day's, 73 Jackpiner, 75 - 250 H/S, 74 1/2 Mint 400
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

Dave Withrow

Hi Andy,
    Please email me at [email protected]
Thanks
Dave Withrow

AndyL

Guys,
Thanks for the interest in the Steeltanker.  

The number of responses caught me off guard, and if I didnt get back to you with an email, I am sorry.

The deal is done, the bike is sold. Mike Gallagher is the new owner.

If you know of anyone heading east (towards NJ) from the Midwest (Kansas City) let us know as transport for the Steeltanker is needed.

Andy
#14u MOVMX and AHRMA
1970 Steeltanker
83 YZ 250
83 RM 125
Suz T500 Titan
Yam RD 400
Andy
#14u
MOVMX, AMA, AHRMA

checkcrew

another one to the collection, Andy and i have struck a deal, this Steel Tanker is coming East, regards, Mike G. PS: if transportation could be arranged to the meeting at AMA this Sat. please contact me, thank you, Mike G.

Mike Gallagher, Camden County, NJ. - 70 + 71, 125 Steel Tankers, 72 x 2, 73 x 2, 125-6 Day's, 73 Jackpiner, 75 - 250 H/S, 74 1/2 Mint 400
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

checkcrew

Andy, hi, you have mail, thanks, Mike G. if it doesn't make it thru the system contact me at -  [email protected]

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

Dave Withrow

Hi Andy,
    Please email me at [email protected]
Thanks
Dave Withrow

AndyL

Guys,
Thanks for the interest in the Steeltanker.  

The number of responses caught me off guard, and if I didnt get back to you with an email, I am sorry.

The deal is done, the bike is sold. Mike Gallagher is the new owner.

If you know of anyone heading east (towards NJ) from the Midwest (Kansas City) let us know as transport for the Steeltanker is needed.

Andy
#14u MOVMX and AHRMA
1970 Steeltanker
83 YZ 250
83 RM 125
Suz T500 Titan
Yam RD 400
Andy
#14u
MOVMX, AMA, AHRMA

checkcrew

another one to the collection, Andy and i have struck a deal, this Steel Tanker is coming East, regards, Mike G. PS: if transportation could be arranged to the meeting at AMA this Sat. please contact me, thank you, Mike G.

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

wade195

Good deal Mike. I know you will give it a good home.

Doug Wade
Lavergne Tn