Wanted - fork caps for 35mm Cerianis

Started by tooclose racing, January 31, 2008, 03:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tooclose racing

Anybody got a set of fork caps lying around that will work with the 35mm Cerianis?  My forks came off of an early 1974 Six Day.  There are some brand new 35mm caps available on eBay currently, but just thought I would check in the Pogging Population to see if there is a less expensive option.

Thanks

Bob Close

SouthRider

I broke down this week & ordered a set from the guy on ebay. Those caps are just so soft that they are probably buggered up on the majority of bikes. The guts tended to rust the first time the bike got pressure washed when it was new anyway.

FirstTurn also pointed out that Storz Harley Davidson sells unvented 35mm caps that are a little cheaper ($43 a set). I doubt that any of us ever rode more than once with the venting properly working - so those might be an alternative.

Clark

Clark A Gristina

1979 SERA Louisiana State Champ
_____________________________________________________________________________________

\\"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing.\\"

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax

tooclose racing

Thanks for the feedback, Clark.  What a great website this is.....

I'll go get my penny jar and start counting! [:p]

Gavin Housh

John Astleford in Georgia has them for sale. They are repos. He has a set on ebay, buy it now for $50.00.