POG annual meeting

Started by Paul Danik, February 03, 2008, 02:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob w

Oh it's gotta be, that everyone besides JP has got a smoke going.
That really is a great picture - both of them were beautiful.
I'd like a print of each of them please....
Bob W

G Ellis

I think it is the rear tail lights. I think that John Penton made them. I know: who is the guy that is working on his bike,we can't see his face.:D

Gary Roach

Rob,

You're the winner!

Kalman was standing over John's shoulder when John showed us the photo, and he said that he is also in the photo,(second from the right, wearing a shirt and tie), and that he too had a cigarette in his hand, but you can't see it because of the man standing in front of him.

Gary

rob w

I would also like to thank all of the Penton Owners Group men and women, that made this "Penton Day at the AMA", the best one yet.

Meeting and listening to Kalman was fascinating. I thought the whole day was incredible. It's just good to be amongst a group of Pog'ers.

I hope we can keep our line of communications open to Kalman - I now have my questions ready. :D

At some time in the day, at this meeting. I heard the words "Penton" and "Museum" used together, as in...."The Penton Museum". Did anyone else hear those words spoken, what was that about?

Congratulations Paul, holy mackerel huh ? That was maybe the best part of my day.
Thanks POG
Bob W

Paul Danik

Rob,

I believe that was Jimmy Davis from KTM who made mention of the Penton Museum.  The Amherst Historical Society has a wonderful grounds about 1/4 mile east of the KTM campus in Amherst, when you  get to Amherst be sure to pay a visit, I think they even have a restaurant in one of the buildings. There are a number of buildings on the grounds and I believe that some of them have been moved to this location, it actually has the feel of a small village.

The Amherst Historical Society has proposed that a Penton Museum be established on their grounds in one of the buildings, it would be a tribute to what the entire Penton family has contributed to the Amherst area, it is amazing what the entire Penton family has accomplished and the Society would like to document those accomplishments with this museum.

The contributions that John has made would be included, but given the size of the buildings only so much can be displayed. I have toured the grounds and buildings with Jimmy, when the time comes the POG plans to work with Jimmy/KTM, the Amherst Historical Society and the Penton Family in any way possible to help with this tribute to the Pentons of Amherst.

Paul

rob w

That is great to hear about, thank you for the clarification Paul. I'm looking forward to a visit there. When spring arrives, I can get around again.
Some wild, and amazing visions flashed through my mind, as I was contemplating my version of what the future "Penton Motorcycle Museum" might look like.
Build it - and they will come.
Yeah I'd never leave. :D

Thanks for everything Paul.
Rob

Speedy

Quotequote:Originally posted by 454MRW

I don't know all of the regions overseas that it applies to, but seeing a left hand drive car seems odd. Mike

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Pentons-1980 KTM 175-400'S

In all Europe,only in the UK is the car wheel on the right side.
The Rest of Europe is left side wheeling,because of right side driving.

In the picture I realised that Johns bike shows Sachs Hydro Cross shoks.Yes,John knows whats the best.:D

Helmut"Speedy"Clasen
 Ontario Canada
http://speedy_c.tripod.com
http://picasaweb.google.com/vindurospeedy
2 x Sachs MC-GS 250-7A
1 x Hercules 350-7A 77
2 x Hercules 250-7A 76
2 x Hercules 250-7A 77
Zuendapp 125 GS 72-73