Bing 54 Throttle Slides

Started by woodchuck, February 01, 2008, 05:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodchuck

Does anyone out there have any #4 throttle slides for Bing 54 carbs.

If everyone would look through thier Bing stash, I'd really appreciate it as I need some badly.

In case you're wondering, they are for my OSSA Desert Phantom and I belive they are used a number of other OSSA models, usully on a M11000-4 model Bing (36mm).

I've got some NOS #2 slides to trade if I must. I'd like to keep them for my Pentons, but like I said, I need the #4's badly.....!

Thanks,

Chuck Purinton

Rain Man

Hey Chuck, how ya been  !! probably alot warmer than we are up here in Maine.
 I guess I dont need  to suggest to you Bing International ?  I looked through my stuff, and there all  #2
slides [xx(]

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

woodchuck

Hey Ray, good to hear from you and thanks for checking.
I did contact Bing International, they couldn't help.
From what I'm finding out these #4 slides where only used in some OSSA 250 models and are now just plain hard to find!

I'll keep looking and would appreciate it if everyone else would keep thier eyes peeled for them as well. they are out there spme place; just need to find them.

Thanks,

Chuck Purinton

Rain Man

I should find out who that Ossa factory racer that resides up here in Maine is.  I betcha he would know where to find one.
   I talked to him @ a club fund raiser back in August up here. he was admiring my 400 when he told me about being on minute one, with John and the boys up here in the Berkshires back in 73.
 Interesting story non the less...
 I can make some calls if you'd like...

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

woodchuck

Ray, I'll take any any and all the help I can get, at this point.
If you're refering to Charlie Vincent, I had Alex call him the other day with no results.
Keep looking, I know they are out there; if I have enough trained eyes looking for them, they will show up.

Thanks again,

CAP

chicagojerry

chuck, i sent you an email off-line...    chi jer

woodchuck

Jerry, can't thank you enough. I sopke with Terry Gates last night and he has the slides I need. Lokks like we're going to able to swap some Bing brass for some slides.
Thanks again, hope to see you down here in a couple of weeks.....?

CAP

chicagojerry

networking at its best :D   chi jer