So difficult to buy a Penton!

Started by Robbie, February 28, 2008, 07:05:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie

Robbie

I guess I just need a wrecked one?

or do I need to save longer?

thrownchain

It depends, what are you looking for?? A project? A rider? A racer? or something that is restored? What size? and what part of the country are you in??

Robbie

I'm in Ohio, I will drive some tho.

I have a max of 1000 budget.  I'd eventually like to ride it and race it at the reunion rides and some ahrma stuff, then clean it up, put it next to my dad's 1997.5 LE's, all pretty between uses.

It has at least look OK, so I can continue to have my girlfriend convinced that I "need" this.

Or am I crazy to think I can get an old bike on a college students budget?

Robbie

Robbie, If there's a women in your life, that is going to stand between you and your Penton, maybe you ought to reconsider......
....the women, NOT the Penton.

I'm a poor college student, and we totally can't afford one, but I've been saving, and she knows how bad I want one.  I think she's pretty cool about it!

Little does she know that soon there may be as much old stuff as I have new stuff ;)

thrownchain

You should be able to locate something in that price range. Biggest thing is to be patient, but be ready when that bike comes along.

I won't even go into the girlfriend idea.[^]

G Ellis

Robbie  What size and year are you looking for? I live in East Central Illinois, Do you want a running bike that needs work? Or do you want one that you can work on? This makes a will set the price of the bike. I do come across bike both ways. Later Gary

VICTOR MONZ

Robbie.

I learned, the hard way, getting in a hurry, I made mistakes, hopefully learning lessons along the way.

Once, I got my first Penton during my re-kindling on my youth....I bought another one and that's where the danger laid.  Once 2 of the beauties are together some unnatural phenomina occurs...they begin to multiply, sometimes 2 or 3 at a time.

My ex-girlfriend said if I brought 1 more home, instead of buying new furniture, she would go....well that was almost 4 years ago and sometimes I wonder what she is doing today ?  

Oh and the hardwood floor is a little rough on my back !

Thank God for my dogs and you POGERs :)!

Victor

firstturn

Victor,
  I think you bought a $100 Penton that was a nice original bike??  I hope you are recovering from you racing injuries and as always you are in my Prayers....oh and say Hi to the Dogs.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

MattyQ

Robbie , look on Craigslist , there was a penton 125 in Atlanta for 500.00 . I believe someone on the site said it had a cracked case and fins.  Still a decent price , he may go lower.  I could hold it for you, and help you get it to Ohio.  

Matty

Matthew Quinlan

checkcrew

Robbie, email me at [email protected], i will reply with a few pics., i believe i have what you are looking for and can bring it to Mid-Ohio free of charge, thanks, Mike G.

Mike Gallagher, Camden County, NJ. - 70 x 2 + 71, 125 Steel Tankers, 72 x 2, 73 x 2, 125-6 Day's, 73 Jackpiner, 75 - 250 H/S, 74 1/2 Mint 400
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

thrownchain

Also check out E bay # 150218227617

Doesn't look to be in bad shape and it's not too for from you.

Big Mac

Kelly Procow out this way in Eugene OR has a nice, original and mostly all there '75 250 runner (I believe), even has lights, that he needs to sell and was last asking $1100 as I recall. I have seen only pics of it, but looks like a great starting place, just have to figure out how to get it to the Midwest.

A few vintage enthusiasts generally road trip to Mid-Ohio and usually take a bike or two, for $100 or so, to help defray gas cost. Shouldn't be hard. Kelly's at 541-914-8348 if you have an interest, tell him I sent you.

Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR