Young Ted and Connie

Started by Kip Kern, February 27, 2008, 07:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kip Kern

While sitting in the recliner nursing the flu, my lovely wife Cheri drops the mail in my lap and lo and behold, March "08" "Trail Rider" magazine.  All is not lost now so I go tearing through the new format and on page 32 is a story of two of the nicest people a person could call friends.  Charlie , you did a great job of 20 questions (more or less) with Ted and Connie and this is greatly appreciated.  I won't spoil the story, get a copy and enjoy, also nice coverage on the ISDTRR and the Six Days BMW.  Looks like some of the modern magazines are realizing where our roots truely are and they are to be commended on the effort.  Thanks Clip, the magazine is shaping up!

Paul Danik

What a pleasant surprise to see Ted and Connie pictured in Trail Rider, they couldn't have selected a nicer couple.  Ted better start to carry one of those Sharpie markers around like John does so he is ready to autograph items for folks.

As far as the 20 questions, I have a couple that I would like to ask Ted:), then I would ask Connie and get the "real" story[}:)]

Kip, I hope you are getting over the flue.

Paul

tomale

Kip, when I was at the ISDTRR a couple of years ago I got to meet young ted and his lovely wife.. We sat and ate our dinner and talked for about 30 minutes....what a treat! I guess I am ahead of a bunch of you. Ted had given me a copy of a trailrider Mag. that had a picture of him on the cover and he autographed it for me... It is a treasure to be sure... As is the treasure it was to meet so many of my fellow Pentonites.... I think you were on a few minutes after ted, and I was on the minute just before Ted, so We all figured it was important to watch out for each other... what a great time it was... I spoke with BigMac the other day and told him we need to make another such trip... alas, It is alot more expensive to make a trip like that now than it was then... then the gas was about two bucks a gallon and now it is almost 3 and a half.... but I am working on a plan, so who knows maybe I will make it again one day...

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)74'
250 hare scrambler (project bike)
72'sixday (project bike)
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Young Ted

Paul, the chain is easily available any time you, or anyone else, want to start yanking by asking questions. Not being a politician, I have no fear about skeletons in the closet and will supply honest answers to the best of my ability. I can also get Connie on here for her side of whatever comes up. As of now I have not yet received my copy of the magazine and am at somewhat of a loss.

Young Ted