Combs ISDT Qualifer 4/19-20/2008

Started by Ernie Phillips, April 09, 2008, 09:45:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernie Phillips

Pre-entries are listed on AHRMA site.  Penton riders include:
Wendell Phillips, Bill Ryburn, Larry Seale, Ernie P, Mike Husted, Christopher P., Joe Murphy.

If not pre-entered, you can post-enter at event. Anybody else planning on coming?  3 member teams and panty race too.  Plenty of rocks and hills to climb at Combs.  Challenging but not to hard.  Springtime in the Ozarks - riding a Penton for two days.  Can anyting be better than that?

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN
Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN

brian kirby

Definitely a must do event. This is a really fun race, with lots of time during the day to chat and bench race. Just dont get lost trail riding Friday!

Brian
Brian

joeysixdays

Myself, Craig and Becky Hayes, and Dave Campbell will be arrivng sometime mid-afternoon on Thursday in the big red Keytime Motorsports rig. Looking forward to seeing everybody and enjoying spring time in the Arkansas Ozarks.
Joe Cartwright

"Do not go where the path may lead.  Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson
\\"Do not go where the path may lead.  Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.\\"
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

pketchum

Allen Brown from PA and myself from Kansas City, MO will be there riding a pair of late model Penton's, ahem KTM 250's to be exact.

I can't wait to see everyone again.  Because of extenuating circumstances this will be my first ride of 2008 so I'm sure to have some aches and pains by Sunday morning when we begin anew.

"Phast Phil" Ketchum
Phast Phil
Moderator, Hodaka Owners Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hodaka

brian kirby

I am doing the final prep to the Canned Ham. I cant wait!

Brian
Brian

Dwight Rudder

I am going to make my decision to attend after this weekend and see if I can hang on to a bike. If I do go it will be just for fun as I am still having hand / arm problems.  I had originally wanted to ride my 1972 Hercules K100GS but now to make things easier, if I go , I will ride my 1974 SL/XL100 Honda in the Classic Expert. I don't I could have picked a slower bike in my stable. But it should be easy to ride. (I hope).
Dwight

Rocket

Dwight
Isn't it just for fun all the time???? :D
Rocket

Dwight Rudder

Quotequote:Originally posted by Rocket

Dwight
Isn't it just for fun all the time???? :D
Rocket

Welllllllll................................:D
Some folks fun is more serious than others.
I usually take my fun seriously. ;)

Tflores

I'm planning on attending and It's possible Ryan Penton will be headind there with me as well.  Not sure yet what class and bike I'll participate with, 72 Berkshire or 76 MC5 250?  Maybe both?

Tom Flores
Tom Flores
72 Penton Berkshire
77 Penton GS6 250
77 Penton MC5 250
12 KTM 300XCW
76 Honda XR75
73 Honda CB750K3

brian kirby

Tom, get Ryan out there if you can!

One thing different about the two day events is they are scored two different ways. First they are scored each separate day like a regular AHRMA event and each day pays AHRMA Cross Country points. It also has a second set of scores just for the Two Day event, which is the individual Gold, Silver and Bronze medals and awards for the three man team competitions. What this means is you could race a different bike each day, and get AHRMA points each day for that class, but to get an ISDT medal or team award you have to ride the same bike all weekend just like the real ISDT.

Brian
Brian

pakala

My Brother and I plan on attending this great event. Teddy Landers puts on a great event. It is worth the 2800 mile drive from california. A fun layed back trail ride on Friday and two full days of ISDT racing Sat,Sun.
 Great camping on site or stay in a nice hotel in Fayettville(home of the Hogs)25mins away.
 Join a bunch of us for dinner Friday nite at AQ chicken house in Fayetteville.
        See ya all there!!!  Paul (socal)

Ernie Phillips

Pablo -- Is it true?  I heard that Starbucks was sponsoring Team Latte' this year.  Yes, Teddy and the Arkansas Dirt Riders do a wonderful job.  Take it easy on Friday's trail ride.  Drive safe. Little Penton vs. Large Maygo on those tight trails section.  Don't forget the bark-busters and butt glue.  See ya there!

Friday, Apr 18
A thunderstorm possible
Low: 42 °F
High: 63 °F

Saturday, Apr 19
Sunshine and patchy clouds
Low: 45 °F
High: 69 °F

Sunday, Apr 20
Sunshine and patchy clouds
Low: 54 °F
High: 74 °F

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN
Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN

brian kirby

Ernie, you wont be laughing when Team Double Half-Caff Mocha Frapaccino-Latte crushes you!

Brian
Brian

Ernie Phillips

Brian,  I'm not laughing.  I'm bringing my thermos -- you guys will share won't you?  You could bring some biscotti ... or since we will be in Arkansas, maybe cat-head biscuts and sawmill gravy?

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN
Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN

brian kirby

I will have Latte in my Camelback instead of water, bring a cup and I will dispense some at the trailside breaks.

Brian
Brian