magura throttle question

Started by imported_n/a, March 11, 2008, 08:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imported_n/a

I have an NOS magura throttle to install and it didn't come with the adjuster screw. I was however able to buy the screw/spring from Al. Buehner. The area where the screw goes has not been tapped yet and I don't want to butcher up the part by do this the wrong way. There's a thin aluminum membrane that I assume needs to be drilled out for the adjuster. Is this all I need to do? If so, I plan to drill a couple of test holes in some other material to get the hole size right beforehand. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks as always,

Chris H.

p.s. I know I don't really need the adjuster but I want it be accurate/complete

Mike Lenz

It seems to me it would be much easier if you found the right cable so you wouldnt need the adjuster.  Email me at [email protected] and I may be able to hook you up with a proper cable.

socalmx

Isn't the adjuster there to put more resistance on the twisting action of the throttle?

Mike Lenz

Some throttles have no adjuster, some have an adjuster (will have an adjuster and a lock nut) and some have a screw in piece (no lock nut) that just functions as a stop to keep the cable from comming unhooked.  Sort of a fast disconnect system.