Marzocchi shock mounts

Started by Rain Man, April 01, 2008, 07:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rain Man

Does Anyone have any suggestions on the rubber mounting inserts for rear Zoke shocks ??  Mine are completely trashed.
 There may be something available in the heavy industry catalogs like Mcmaster or Grainger, but I'm sure it will have to be modified to fit.  I can give dimensions if anyone has  suggestions.
Thanks
Maine trail report:  still 3 feet+ of snow in most of the maine woods.
 skidooings great !!

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Steve Minor

There is a shop in my home town that doubles as a bearing and bushing supplier. Maybe you have a similar shop. If so, take in one shock and the mounting bolts and they should be able to match them. My shop will even press out the old bushings and press in the new ones.

Steve Minor
Wilmington, NC
Steve Minor

Rain Man

Hi Steve, thanks for the suggestion. I wonder if Kaman bearings would have something  that might fit ??
 I've been scanning some of the big hardware websites, but I'm not sure what to  call them other than a rubber bushing , gromet ??
  I'd hate to just throw these shocks out cause  of the mounting hardware :(

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Steve Minor

Raymond...drop an email to POG member Kip Kern or Rocket...they might be able to give you a lead.

Steve Minor
Wilmington, NC
Steve Minor

wildman

If you need just the rubber part, try to find some black rubber hose like heater hose and cut it to length. I've repaired Konis this way and it works great! Lube the rubber and push in the old steel inner part; hope this helps. Dan Pagel

1975 250 Cross Country, 1974 175 Jackpiner, 1975 125
1975 250 Cross Country, 1974 175 Jackpiner, 1975 125