Earthquake in ILL

Started by G Ellis, April 18, 2008, 07:54:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G Ellis

Earthquake here in southern ILL at 5:30 am. 5.2 magnitude,My Pentons are all ok.:D I think Bob you might of felt the shaking in Mich. Later Gary

Mick Milakovic

Hey Gary, it measure 5.4 near Indianapolis.  Does that mean Illinois are the shakers and Indiana is the movers? ;)

Mick

VICTOR MONZ

When back east, I would have thought that was a big event....out here in So. Cal....I would think it was just my coffee maker finishing its' brew !

Hang on the Big One is coming !

I experienced a 7.2 the first year I was here....that will make one think a bit.

Victor

crash carden

Howdy Boyz, I felt it here in mid Indiana as well! It rattled my butt right out of bed and I knew it had to be an earthquake as we have had a few over the years in this area. I ask my wife if she felt it and she said she thought it was the dog rolling around in his cage. I laughed and said that was an earthquake honey! She's a blonde so enough said :D. I think I will put that extra set 14" shocks on the bed frame ;)! Like ol'Jethro Bodeen would say "Ah you dumb old girl"![:o)] Hey all the Pentons survived! Later, Crash Carden.

Save a horse ride a Penton! It more fun anyhow![8D]

Mick Milakovic

Hey Gary and Crash, did you feel another tremor last night?  4.5 on the scale from the same area of Southern Illinois.  Must be somebody on a Mint 400 down there!

Mick

G Ellis

That was me starting up my new 125. This one is not as big 4.5, don't worry all of my PENTONS are ok. Later Gary

I just got my 1977 GS 400 Mint done but afraid to fire her up, as I,m only 5 miles from the quake center. Things were a rocking last Friday but not so bad last night. Setting on a good running '77 400 is like a 5.2 quake between your legs and each beat of the piston is like the rattling feeling of 7500 RPMs of tremors. Ease her up to about 4000 then dump the clutch, now things are shacking and moving as you turn full throttle and grab another gear,  man I'm going to getter out, its time to ride Gary.  ol Dave