MC 5 heavy duty clutch release assembly

Started by 76PentonMc5, April 24, 2008, 01:06:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

76PentonMc5

I have a 1976 MC5 250Penton and I am looking for a more heavy duty clutch release assembly. I seem to recall someone manufactured a heavy duty unit. Can anyone help me? Joe Maxwell, POG#604 (814) 440-0909 cell.

rob w

That I know of, there were only two different OEM clutch accuators {bearing plates) between '72 and '79. In '77 a new style was made, but it was more prone to damage, so they reverted back to the old style in '78. A new CNC machined reproduction is now available (and super pretty) through Al B. Proper cable routing, and lubrication is the key.
Welcome to the group Joe, good heasring from you.
Bob W

Lloyd Boland

I have a late '76 MC5 250.  I have noticed lately that the amount of grip needed to actuate the clutch is getting very difficult.  It needs a "Gorilla" grip to pull it all the way in.  This weekend I am going to check the cable but I have a feeling that it is not the cable.  If it is not the cable, what are the other typical causes of this that I should look into?  As always, thanks in advance for all the help.
Lloyd

gooddirt

I have some old style and new style in over-all good shapes; if in need of one- the later style uses a single rod ,early is two rods and one ball bearing. If its not the cable ckeck the rods and ball as I have had them semi-fused together and not moving in the slot they are in.