Airboot for 1981 KTM 250

Started by JCHubbard, May 09, 2008, 08:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JCHubbard

Gentlemen,

I have a slight dilemma that I'm hoping someone here might be able to help me with. Fried the Maico's top end last weekend at Devils Ridge, then I came home and noticed a big puddle on the garage floor under the countershaft sprocket area of my 84 Husky WR 400 -- bearing/seal is shot -- waiting for the parts and then I got to split the cases on it. Also waiting for a new cylinder piston etc for the Maico.

Now, I'm just down to one bike for next week's race at Tomahawk MX in WV. Well I went to clean the carb and noticed that after removing the airboot that it had been repaired with silicone by its previous owner. I don't do silicone on airboots. If it's torn I replace it. Well desperate times call for desperate measures, so I took a chance on trying to remount the carb after cleaning it and yep, you guessed it -- the airboot just disintergrated.

Does anyone have an airboot for a 1981 KTM 250 GS that would like to sell or does anyone have parts source for this item?
Anyway, if anyone does have an airboot that you'd like to sell please contact please let me know, otherwise I'm not racing for awhile.

Thanks,

John

JC Hubbard
2008 KTM 250 XC
1984 Husky WR 400
1981 KTM 250 GS
1979 Maico GS 250
JC Hubbard

JCHubbard

Just wanted to clarify that it's the Airbox boot

JC Hubbard
2008 KTM 250 XC
1984 Husky WR 400
1981 KTM 250 GS
1979 Maico GS 250
JC Hubbard

brian kirby

John, while you are waiting for Maico parts and looking for the KTM boot, just keep topping up the Husky before you ride if its just the seal and not a failed bearing. I think every bike I own leaks puddles on the garage floor when parked but they dont leak meaningful amounts during a race. At least that will get you through Tomahawk. Are you going to Marion, IL the 17th and 18th?

Brian
Brian

Big Mac

I have one I could loan, but would need it back. Call this weekend if in a pinch and no other options.
Jon 503-888-2851

Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

JCHubbard

Brian thanks for the tip. The bearing is shot too.

Jon, thanks for the offer. Speedy came through with two of them, and he'll shipping them out to me on monday.

JC Hubbard
2008 KTM 250 XC
1984 Husky WR 400
1981 KTM 250 GS
1979 Maico GS 250
JC Hubbard

OUCWBOY

I can't remember who the guy was, but someone in Australia was having them repoped. Someone here should remember who it was.

Donny Smith
Paragould, AR
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

tofriedel

Following is the web site for the company in Australia -

http://www.ozktm.com/

The repro parts are no longer listed, but you can contact the owner via email.

They are redoing their web site, so things that use to be listed are not there now.

Tony
Tony

OUCWBOY

Thanks Tony!
I now have that saved for future use.

Donny Smith
Paragould, AR
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR