Decals, different brand

Started by thrownchain, February 06, 2008, 11:16:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thrownchain

I've got a DKW and a Sachs, and on the gas tank behind the cap are decals saying Motocross 125 and Crosscoutry 125. Does anyone have any good decals for sale??  or ones I can borrow?? so my local vinyl guy can make copies??  I appeciate any help.  thx

linglewn

I have the same need for the "MotoCross 125cc" decal plus the large DKW logo sticker for the airbox cover. I sent pictures and dimentions to Eurodirt recently and they promised to let me know if they could reproduce them. If you have luck finding them, please let me know. I'll do the same.

Nelson Lingle
73 Jackpiner
71 DKW 125
Nelson Lingle
73 Jackpiner
74 Jackpiner
71 DKW 125

thrownchain

Well, progress is being made, the DKW sticker for the airbox cover is being set up to be reproduced. I can E amil you a pic if it's something that you are interested in.
As for the tank sticker, I've been noticing that the color of the letters depends on the color of the tank. Can someone help me out with the color combos??  It looks as though the Blue tank had silver/ gray letters,or possibly a light Yellow? the Copper color I beleive has Siver/gray letters. I can get them made in any colors that you need, E mail me if you need more info.
This same person will be making my Penton decals when the time comes.
Also I've got pics of the "motocross" sticker and the "crosscountry" sticker but I don't have one for the "enduro" sticker, can anyone help with that??  thx    Dan[^]

linglewn

Dan,
I'm not sure you could tell from the photo that I sent you, but the sticker on my copper colored tank had "MotoCross" in a light gray/green (or maybe silver/gray), and the "125cc" in white.

Nelson Lingle
73 Jackpiner
71 DKW 125
Nelson Lingle
73 Jackpiner
74 Jackpiner
71 DKW 125

thrownchain

Most of the ones I've seen, the cc's are in white, and the lettering is a contrasting color. I'll get yours made up in the silver/ gray color and see what you think.
I bid on a "Motocross Hornet" tank on E bay and it had kind of a cream color letters with red numbers with a black outline. And the lettering style was just slightly different. This whole project is turning out to be interesting.

gooddirt

Are the decals made yet ?  Will the side airbox cover ones have a chrome background?[8D]

thrownchain

Yes they will, if you'd like to see a pic, let me know.
My decal guy just got back from Daytona and I'll talk to him this week.

gooddirt

Looks like I might have to make them ?[:0] -Or maybe not???

thrownchain

For you guys waiting on me for decals, I'm as dis-appointed as you at this point. Check out E bay # 180248612199, and # 180248612938. Sorry I couldn't help out. [V]

linglewn

Thanks for letting us know. I will bid on the tank decal, but I still need the airbox decals. Sorry that your source didn't come through. I'll see if I can find anyone locally that might be able to help.

Nelson Lingle
73 Jackpiner
71 DKW 125
Nelson Lingle
73 Jackpiner
74 Jackpiner
71 DKW 125

checkcrew

Nelson, for whatever it's worth i have a bid on the Cross Country 125 decal, Evils new system doesn't let anyone but the seller know who is bidding, just my 2c, thanks, Mike G.

Mike Gallagher, Camden County, NJ.- 69, 70 x 2 + 71, 125 Steel Tankers, 72 Berkshire, 72 x 2, 73 x 2, 125-6 Day's, 74-6 Day, 73 x 2 Jackpiner's, 75 - 250 H/S, 74 1/2 Mint 400
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

linglewn

Mike,
Good luck on the Cross Country decal. I am only interested in the MotoCross decal. I am curious if he has more than one copy. I would guess that he can have more made if the price is attractive.

Nelson Lingle
73 Jackpiner
71 DKW 125
Nelson Lingle
73 Jackpiner
74 Jackpiner
71 DKW 125

fosterboy

HI There gentelman you should e-mail the person who has them for sale on ebay his name is Randy Nelson very cool dude maybe he would make some reproductions for you.Latter Ed

1969 125 Penton         70 to 73 Penton's four project bikes
72 Monark - project    
76 Hercules 175 - project
possible Penton-Hiro project