Hiro question

Started by TGTech, April 12, 2007, 12:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TGTech

If anybody needs Motoplats for the Hiro's, let me know, because I still have a bunch of them.

Dane

rob w

Hi all, Beware - I just bought a scanner :D

Here's my Hiro Penton when it was only 2 days old, back in 1975. I'm test riding it for the first time - prepared to go racing the following day.

Bob

paul

Bob, cool pics and you still own this bike? I wish I had more pics. Even my digital pics of bikes I have owned lately are getting deleted before making any copies. Thats something to think about cause I know you treasure the old bike and pics. Someone else will too hopefully years from now. Easy,TTP

Jeff D

I don't know if he still has it or not, but as of a few years ago Jim Letellier (Letko Cycles, Kansas City, KS) had a NOS Hiro engine sitting on the shelf.

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell

rob w

Thank you TT Paul, Been away for several days playing lacrosse in motown. Nope, that bike has been long gone for 32 years...but it was fun while it lasted.
Six foot one Bob. :D

Kip Kern

Dane

I built 2 out of existing Pentons and NOS engines (1 for a customer and 1 for myself).  Mine are not originals but are in showroom condition.;)

OUCWBOY

Rob,
I think Jeff was refering to the NOS Hiro engine.

Donny Smith
Paragould, AR
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

thrownchain

Is it possible that by building retro-Hiros, that more may be assembled now than were originally built??

rob w

Donny,
Quotequote:Originally posted by paul

Bob, cool pics and you still own this bike? I wish I had more pics. Even my digital pics of bikes I have owned lately are getting deleted before making any copies. Thats something to think about cause I know you treasure the old bike and pics. Someone else will too hopefully years from now. Easy,TTP

(my reply) No,....long gone....(blah, blah)

Bob

Kip Kern

I plan on bringing mine to Mid Ohio this year to show possibly sell.  Kaleb is starting his Sophmore year in college!;)