mx style air cleaner

Started by tvrc18, May 17, 2008, 10:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tvrc18

Does any one have one of these for a steel tank they can live with out? I would hate to resort to a sock filter or K& N. Anyone try a super rat filter? They seem plentiful and maybe it could be modified to work.

tvrc18

ok know one has a mx style it looks like, how about an enduro style.

t20sl

Are you needing the aluminum aircleaner base, and cage and cover or just a particular piece?.

DKWRACER

I may have one. Send me an email:[email protected]

Will send a pic, Tom Brosius
Thomas Brosius

tvrc18

I need it all, bought a roller and that was one thing that it was missing. I don't know if any one say the one on Ebay a while back, it was home made out of aluminum but looked real nice. Should have bid more on it but you know how Ebay goes, snipe, and snipe again.

OUCWBOY

I need one too, if anyone has a spare!!
Thanks

Donny Smith
Paragould, AR
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

checkcrew

Guys, this is something to consider, Webco offered an aftermarket air box for the early Yamaha's, it is very similar to the Steel Tanker unit, i have a NOS one and compared to one of my Steel Tankers, you would need to get the rubber carb. to air box boot if it didn't come with one, i believe the early Hodaka Superrat boot may work, someone suggested to use a Superrat set up but it looks too Hodaka, i looked at the one on my 71 Superrat and said NO, these Webco units are a tough find, i have seen a few on the Evil, but compared to a Steel Tanker i have seen none, sorry for being long winded but hope this helps, regards, Mike G. from NJ.

Mike Gallagher, Camden County, NJ.- 69, 70 x 2 + 71, 125 Steel Tankers, 72 Berkshire, 72 x 2, 73 x 2, 125-6 Day's, 74-6 Day, 73 x 2 Jackpiner's, 75 - 250 H/S, 74 1/2 Mint 400
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

OUCWBOY

Mike,
there are a couple air box covers that may work, but I need the aluminum housing as well.
Thanks for the data.

Donny Smith
Paragould, AR
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

checkcrew

Donny, hi, the Webco unit i have is a complete unit,in-let housing,filter cage and cover, yes it is not the air bell style but if you were unable to find a stock set up this would look very close, good luck, regards, Mike G.

Mike Gallagher, Camden County, NJ.- 69, 70 x 2 + 71, 125 Steel Tankers, 72 Berkshire, 72 x 2, 73 x 2, 125-6 Day's, 74-6 Day, 73 x 2 Jackpiner's, 75 - 250 H/S, 74 1/2 Mint 400
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

OUCWBOY

Mike,
Any chance of getting a photo of one and sending it to me so I can see?
Thanks

[email protected]

Donny Smith
Paragould, AR
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

checkcrew

Donny, hi, pics. are on the way, Mike G.

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

socalmx

The Webco Yamaha air cleaner setup is extremly rare these days. It took a long time to find one for my brother's Harley Baja. If you need a filter element for it, Filtron (in Fullerton California) will make you a new foam filter for it.

socalmx

My apologies, it is Uni Filter and not Filtron who can make a new foam element for that type of air cleaner.

checkcrew

Socalmx, thanks for that info, regards, Mike G.

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]