AHRMA Russellville Cross Country Canceled

Started by wfopete, August 24, 2008, 12:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wfopete

All Cross Country racers:

It is with deep regret that I inform you that due to land conflicts with property owners, that the 2-Day AHRMA Cross Country event scheduled for September 6-7 by the River Valley Dirt Riders in Russellville, AR has been cancelled.  My club attempted an 11hr effort to relocate the event after all attempts of resolving the land issue with the property owners of the original site failed.  Unfortunately, no suitable alternate location could be found that we could support an event of this nature.  As a fellow AHRMA Cross Country racer I believe that the only thing worse than the cancelling this event would be to hold the event at a undesirable location with little prep time, staff and resources resulting in a substandard event for all parties concerned.  I realize many of you coordinate and plan early in the year to arrange to participate in specific AHRMA cross country events, especially a 2-Day event like this. I personally want to apologize for not being able to host this event and the last minute notification to cancel.  In the future the River Valley Dirt Riders hope to be able to offer a quality cross country event for the AHRMA membership to enjoy.  Please pass this information on to anyone who can help notify other planning on attending the event.

Sincerely,

Pete Petrick
PREZ, RVDRS
Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

rd400pi

Pete,
  Thanks for the heads-up.  Bummer.

Mike H.