Off Topic – 1980 Maico MC 250 /T - Sold

Started by KJDonovan, June 20, 2008, 11:20:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KJDonovan

Bike has been sold.

For Sale 1980 MC 250/T (type 336).  I purchased this bike a while back in hopes of restoring it but I have too many other projects and need the dough for a new PVL for the wifes Six Day. Here is what I know about the bike;

Excellent compression.

Runs but won't idle, I went through the carb (Bing 54) and its missing that little metal clip on the float valve.  I know Charlie at Bing International has this in stock, just needs to be ordered

Transmission will only shift between 2nd  Or  3rd  and neutral.  Nothing appears to be locked up here, instead I think someone previously tore this down and did not put it back together correctly because there is about 3/16" of in and out play on the shifter shaft.

Frame is strait with no visible cracks or damage.

Good spark from Motoplat with black wire coil.  Wired for Enduro.

Frame is white, not red.  I was under the impression that all Maicos from this era had red frames, so I don't know if this is original or not, but it does not look like a spray bomb job.

Exhaust is intact but has some dents.

Plastic fenders, headlight and tank are not original, white Acerbis.  Fair condition.

Forks appear to be strait and in good shape.

Rear shocks are rusty, but holding oil (Not sure of brand, they are red and blue)

Nice original gold Akront rims with near new rubber.

NOS Magura Dog Leg Levers and perches.  Nice Magura 304 throttle assy.

I know there is enough here for a great restoration or endless supply of parts.  Lastly, I have no desire to ship this bike.  If you are interested, you are welcome to look at it in Foster, Rhode Island.  I will wash the dust off it later this weekend and take a couple of pictures I can email.  If anyone is interested please send me an email [email protected]  I want $475 for the bike.

Thanks,

KD

Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner (My Ride)
72 Six Day (Wifes Ride)
Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
73 Hare Scrambler
74 Hare Scrambler
74 Mint

thrownchain

If anyone here buys this, I can help with transport, could haul to Mid Ohio for a fee.