Marzoochi fork color

Started by paul, February 18, 2008, 12:09:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul

Hey, does anyone have a good spray bomb color for the Marzoochi forks on 77 MC5's. Its the "gold" color I'd like to duplicate and its not a true gold. Some call it a natural finish. Don't know but mine are orange right now as they are off a newer bike and that has to go. Thanks,TTP

tofriedel

Paul,

For what it is worth, some of the 77's I have seen had the orange/red fork legs.

Tony
Tony

DKWRACER

Hi Paul, I don't know of a way to replicate the "patina" of m-zoke fork legs, but there is a spray bomb color available. Have used Duplicolor (Pewter), has a slight greenish/gold cast to it. Came via Gary Ellis....Let me ask you a ?...Where would we be, if we didn't try.

Tom Brosius
Mile High Pentons
Thomas Brosius

454MRW

Come to think of it, Gary even has a KTM engine that he painted that color. It does look very good and close to the original early 35mm Marzocchi's. Mike

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Pentons-1980 KTM 175-400'S
Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

Dennis Jones

I've just done two sets with PJ1 KTM 2003 - 2004 Gold Frame Epoxy. It is a nice subdued gold color that may not be a dead ringer but looks very good and is a very durable paint.

The bad news is PJ1 has discontinued it but some dealers still have some, I got a couple cans from Rocky Mountain ATV recently.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Rain Man

Hey, did anybody try chrome plating the fork legs yet ??

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

brian kirby

OK, just thought I'd let you guys know I found a decent spray bomb color for 'zoke forks and Wally World. Its Krylon and its in a line of paint called "Brushed Metallic". There are several colors but the one I think is the closest is Champagne Nouveau in a satin finish. It doesnt have much of a greenish tint too it but its close enough for me and the satin finish gives a good approximation of the cast mag fork legs.

Brian
Brian