Ceriani Forks

Started by rick deford, July 31, 2008, 04:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rick deford

Apparently the forks on my 68 six-day aren't the originial forks. Man, was I bummed out when I discovered this[:0]. They are 35mm Ceriani's, but, they have what appears to be fork brace mounting tabs 8-1?2" up from the axle, and the brake brake retaining tab is 3-3/4" from the axle center, insted of the 2-3/8" needed for my brake plate.These forks are 31" over all from axle center to the end of the fork tube.
If anyone has a need for this style of Ceriani I will trade/buy for a set that will work on my 68.
These Ceriani's are in great shape. The fork tubes are straight. I have replaced the seals, wave springs, and polished the the fork legs.
I tried, with no success to attach some pics with this post. Sorry. if interested I can email some pics.

Thanks,

Rick

By the way, does anyone know what bike these forks may have come from?

Merlin

I think you'll find from your description you have the correct forks, look around on the site for steel tanker photos, you may be pleasently surprised.

Quote: Thomas Jefferson, We are all born ignorant, some work to remain that way.
 Quote:Merlin, "it is impossible to teach those that wish not to be taught".
Quote: Thomas Jefferson, We are all born ignorant, some work to remain that way.
 Quote:Peter Villacaro, \\"it is impossible to teach those that wish not to be taught\\".