The Penton Minute at the Jackpine 2008

Started by Mike Stephenson, July 30, 2008, 07:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Stephenson

What a sight - 3 Pentons lined up at the starting line of the 2008 Jackpine - Row 1

A 1977 GS6 175  Dewayn Dusendang (DW)
A 1977 GS6 250  my moto Hero - Young Ted
A 1974 Jackpiner Denny Guernsey (TC)

I will try to post some pics here if I can figure out how

Here is what we had:

First shot here is DW asking " Hey Ted - where is the kickstarter?"

Next shot Ted shows them where it is while DW seems to still be looking. Notice the object right in front of TC's rear wheel.

Last shot - Ted gets the hole shot. Wonder if Trouble Maker somehow played a role with that? Notice the slight smirk on his face. (for good reason!)

well...the pics didnt work... I will try again

I cant figure out how to post a pic here... so meanwhile, here is a link to a write up on Dirtrider.net which has the Penton Minute Pics in it:

http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=166512&page=4&pp=10

If someone could tell me how to post the pics here directly, please do!

Mike Stephenson
Atlanta, Michigan
Penton Newbie - thanks to Young Ted!
Mike Stephenson
Atlanta, Michigan

Rain Man

Davie's getting to be the most photograped  Penton around.
     I wonder why ??

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

DW.Dusendang

DW
Rockford,MI

xracer

i would give anything for the exhaust on that 175 does anybody have one please ,please or know anyone with one  thanks dave

Mike Stephenson

I should point out that DW managed to spank a bunch of modern bikes in the last AA/A/B section of the Jackpine - from what I was told, dropped 8 or 9 points in a rather tight (but fun!) section.  I am sure he added some "character" marks to that beauty of a bike.  I dropped 11 points in there.  I guess that is why he is a AA rider, and I am a B rider that should be in C!

Rain Man - yeah, Davie does get around doesnt he!  Maybe it has to do with Young Ted?  hmmm.  Ted rode 650 miles of the MCCCT with me and my sons on Davie this spring - that bike is not a  garage queen!

Mike Stephenson
Atlanta, Michigan
Mike Stephenson
Atlanta, Michigan

Young Ted

Although the best laid plans didn't come out perfect, the Penton Minute was a success as far as I'm concerned. I didn't fare as well as Dewayne and Denny on the riding part. Pulling over to let a rider by took me into some branches that knocked the left petcock loose on the Windsor tank. With no way to stop the leak completely, I was out of gas at the next two track. Raymond, there was a guy taking a picture of DAVIE loaded in the back of a pick up truck. It was well known there were Pentons at the Jack Pine this year and I tried to do my part.

Young Ted

Rain Man

Very Nice looking 77gs Jp there DW. The Wp shocks make it sit up nice and high. If your gonna run them competitively, the Wp's are the way to go.  MY "ole faithful" zokes take a pounding and give one too, unfortunately:(

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

rob w

Gentlemen, you're awesome. I'm proud of you guys. You should be commended for your efforts. Sorry I have'nt been around to ride with you, I had to take the year off for multiple reasons. I sure hope you're pumped up enough to do it again next year, 'cause I'd love to join you. DW, your 175 you built and are riding, is a beautiful thing. I'll be calling you, there's a new Penton shop opening up next month on W. River Dr. in Comstock Park. :)
BW

Rain Man

Ted, did you notice in the picture the smile on the kids face in the back ground as you left the starting line.  I dont think he'll forget that start for a long time !!  A picture can be worth a thousand words, but to be there live instills a vison that can last  a lifetime !!

2c

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

TCTrailrider

I was riding the 74 Jackpiner. One of the most fun rides I've ever done. The spectators were jacked up to see the old bikes. High fives and thumbs up all day. The bike turns great and tracks well. Log crossings and chatter bumps, well thats a different story. Its been a week and the tingling in my hands has stopped. Allready talk of next year.

Young Ted

Bob -  The date for the 2009 Jack Pine will be known the first weekend of December. Start planning now as there is no reason why there can't be as many rows as needed for Pentons to start the Jack Pine. Plans were started last November for what took place the 27th.
Raymond - The expression on the boys face could also be part of what he no doubt witnessed in the preceeding minute.
Denny - Have you claimed your Low Point Finisher trophy yet? I see you should have been given 13 more points at check #4.

Young Ted

DW.Dusendang

Thanks for all the nice comments on my Penton guys!  I helped set up the Jack Pine enduro so I could not race it for the point series. The club members were kind enough to let me ride exhibition with my Penton on Minute #1 with my two good friends. I didn't beat it up too bad as I kept it on 2 wheels all day. Had tons of fun that's fo sho!I can see a single track fall color tour trail ride in the mix....

PS. Hey "Trouble Maker" same time next year?....

DW
Rockford,MI
DW
Rockford,MI

Young Ted

same time next year?-------

I sure hope you're not thinking about the movie with that in it's title.

A well behaved Trouble Maker.

vmxracer

young ted,
how did you do in the enduro race at the end of the mid-ohio weekend? i think it was somewhere in colorado? correct me if im wrong!!

Ambr Milakovic
"Black Beauty"
Ambr Milakovic
\\"Black Beauty\\"

Young Ted

Ambr - I don't know how confusion happens. While Mid-Ohio was full of racing Saturday and Sunday, I was in Michigan riding, not racing, the Pine Cone and Jack Pine Enduros. Previous posts cover how the Jack Pine came out, not good at all. For the Pine Cone I rode an exibition non-scored class without any problems, although it was at a 12 MPH schedule. Colorado is where I'm heading Friday.

Young Ted