yet another Mikuni jetting question

Started by OhioTed, September 06, 2008, 12:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OhioTed

Help!  I'm trying to get ready to ride in the Penton anniversary parade.  I've done a lot of searching through the various topics, but have not found anything specific to what I am setting up.  

A '73 125 Six-Day, 26mm Mikuni, and the bike is going to be used VERY gently.  

Anyone have experience with what pilot jet, needle, and main jet to run?  I'm just looking for the bike to start easily, pull cleanly off the bottom, and not load up.  High-end performance is not an issue in this case.  

Ted

tooclose racing

This chart worked pretty good for me (I used it to jet a 28mm Mikuni).  This isn't a very informed opinion (I'm a relatively new owner..), but I think that half the battle in not loading up is the fact that you are using the Mikuni. [:I]

Just follow the table, and maybe drop the needle one click:

http://pictures.aol.com/ap/singleImage.do?pid=c060XSuUTqrrxPgwkZuYlTOlDXjmtGxpl*y5v4xQp5Fd3Ig%3D

Ernie Phillips

Ted, Fellow Six Day rider Marc Hodge from Prattville, AL is running a 26mm Mikuni -- Hey Marc, please report in and tell us your jetting.  We are running a couple of bikes (100 & 125) with 28mm Mikuni's per the chart with good results.

Don't forget that the cold starting routine with a Mikuni is throttle full off.  If you crack the throttle, you reduce vacuum which causes problems with the enrichening circuit.  -EP

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN
Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN

OhioTed

Thanks, guys.  I'm trying to determine if there have been improved performance results from altering the carb from stock specs, keeping in mind that I'm looking for clean, low-rpm, "woodsy" tuning.

VICTOR MONZ

Ted:

SUDCO out here in So. Cal publishes a "generic" set-up for your carb and I believe it is on the web...  //www.sudco.com and you should be able to find it.

I use one on my "White Weapon"...Good Luck.

Victor

Bamamarc

I still have the Bing on my 125. I have a 26mm Mikuni in the box, still have not made the move over. Just bought some parts for my Bing to get it back in good shape.
Marc