AHRMA rules question

Started by t20sl, October 21, 2008, 09:50:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

t20sl

Just for giggles.  If AHRMA wants the bikes to look  vintage why do they allow bark busters but don't allow number plates to be painted the original factory OEM color???????

Larry Perkins

They would probably say safety function vs. the way they thought it should be.  Real question is why does AHRMA do half the stuff they do in trying to make History the way it wasn't? Number plate color, carb size, suspension travel, etc.

As far as that goes while I am on my soapbox why do they offer you a jacket for winning a National Championship and then never get it to you?  Even when they do why do you get 1 jacket for winning multiple Championships?  If different guys won they would have to give several jackets.  I won 3 Championships in 2001 and 8 months and many phone calls later got a jacket.  I won 2 Championships last year and several phone calls later still don't have one.  They must love me as much as I love them.  

Someone asked me the other day if I was going to race the AHRMA National season next year?  The only good reason is to see some of you guys.  I have an offer to race downhill bicycles next season and if you win the Championship they really give you a jersey THAT DAY.  They also pay the way to France for the Masters World Championships.  HMMM, which would be better?  

Okay off the soapbox unless anyone wants to know what I really think?  By the way this should probably be under discussion and not for sale.  LOL!

Larry P

Joe Murphy

it makes sense to be here because the AHRMA won't respond to you anyway. murph

Dwight Rudder

Quotequote:Originally posted by t20sl

Just for giggles.  If AHRMA wants the bikes to look  vintage why do they allow bark busters but don't allow number plates to be painted the original factory OEM color???????

I don't care for Historic and earlier bikes having modern bark busters.  I also don't care for Vintage bikes running USD shocks as we never ran them until late 1976-77. Not important except visually the bike just doesn't look of the period.
As for numbers, Run your yellow number plates if you like and have some 4-5" numbers made with a 1/2"-3/4" white border which will serve as the White background.  That is what I do.
Dwight