1974 Penton KTM 125 ? maybe 175

Started by wdh21, October 22, 2008, 11:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wdh21

I have my brother's 1974 Penton KTM, I think 175 ? sitting in my cellar for the last 15+ years.. It's all original.. The air in the tires amazingly enough is still there from the 70's...:))  Anyway, it comes with a small box of misc stuff..head, etc.. I'm hoping someone will want to restore it back to life.  I'm looking for a resonable offer ?? a few hundred bucks.  I also have a "brand new Mini-bike" that I bought for one of my daughters a few years ago who never got that interested and is nearly as new as the day I received it. I'm looking for $ 500 bucks for it which is 1/2 of what I paid then.  

The bike is located central Massachusetts.. North of Worcester..  I uploaded a bunch of pics to a site I saw from another add on this website so if you want to see the bike, here's a link.

http://s426.photobucket.com/albums/pp345/wdh25_pics/

Any interest can be sent to [email protected].  Thanks, Wayne

xracer

man if i lived closer i would take it  darn it  when in doubt gas it

chicagojerry

hi, thats a 125 and it looks to be one of the later ones before they switched over to ktm motor. do you have the cylinder or pipe for it? i may be interested in it. i tried to send you a email thru this site to your listed address on the bottom of the posting, it did not want to go for some reason
thanks for putting it on the pog site.  chicago jerry

firstturn

Anyone coming to the Reunion Ride that wants to bring the bike down for gas money?  Thanks.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

brian kirby

Man, I'd like to have one of these late model Sachs bikes. Anybody know what the production numbers were like? I have never seen one in person, there cant be too many.

Brian

'73 Berkshire Team  d-Con
//www.d-conproducts.com America's #1 Rodent Control Brand
Brian

john durrill

Ron , Brian,
 That would be a very good candidate for a Tom P Sachs/KTM GS 175/6
Every thing but the top end and the pipe is their.
 It would need the 72-75 175 pipe and the 72-75 cylinder and head. A 30 mm Bing , 3 more springs in the clutch and some machine work. Swap out the small main ball bearing behind the primary gear for an NU202 roller. What a RR or Trail tool could be made !!!!!!
[:p]
John D.
 PS Ron Post the shipping request on Vinduro. Most times the Vinduro underground has someone that can help. My last bike we bought off ebay traded hands 3 times but arrived safe and sound via the big V underground.[8D]

xracer

Hey Wayne, I'd like to go ahead and take the Penton off your hands.
Give me a call so we can make payment arrangements, and pick up.

Thanks
Dave
734-461-9908[

firstturn

Ron Carbaugh

Tim Brown

If for some reason the deal doesn't go through, I would like to have it. This bike is identical to my first Penton at age 13.
Thanks, Tim 706-347-0316 cell

wdh21

Thanks for all the interest in the Bike... I don't want to start any biding wars. Dave -  I will call you on Friday AM if that's ok and there is also a note here from someone in my yahoo email who made me an offer.. I'm glad to know that it will someday ride again.. My brother was the second owner of the bike and it has alot of memories.. The original owner was a friend who lived up the street from us and I think all of had a Penton, Husky or Hodaka, among others..      

Anyway, I do have the head, the carb I think (I'll check the box) and the pipe but the pipe, while intact, is fairly rotted I believe.. Anyway hope to speak with you on Friday.  Thanks much !!

Wayne

xracer

xracer

hey wayne thanks for keeping your word on the deal we had for the bike your a true gentelman NOT beware of this guy fellow members he first told me a price and someone emailed him a offer a little higher i said fine i would still take it now he wants a ton more for it so beware my friends he is a real man of his words

wdh21

Dave,

I apologized in the email I sent to you for being an ass and deciding not to sell the bike.
 As I wrote.."I also got an email from another member on the Penton Website that told me the bike is worth about 1200.00  because of the date, year, etc.. so I hate to be an ass but I wasn't aware that the bile was worth that much.  I'm speaking to my brother and I think I am going to bring it to his house and he's going to sit on it for a while, perhaps until the economy gets better and then decide what to do with it. Thanks for your interest. If he decides to list it, I'll be sure to let you know."

There was/is no better offer...just some feedback from someone who knows the bike and was kind enough to share they're knowledge with me.  I'll still let you know if/when the bike is listed despite your rudeness.

xracer

i dont know how to respond to this you set the first price the second price and now some one sent you a email and said it was worth more well i dont know you from adam but i do know if i tell some one a price for something i stick to it for better or worse good luck on your new job just dont tell your boss or co workers how you are on deals you make dave