NON-PENTON RELATED BAJA 1000 INFO

Started by Larry Perkins, November 10, 2008, 04:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry Perkins

If you are interested in following The Baja Monkeys in the Baja 1000 starting November 21st you can see sattelite tracking of our bike starting about 6:30am Pacific time till the wee hours of the next day.  On the computer just go to racetheworld.net then click on Baja 1000, and put in or pick 151x which will be our number for this race.  The sattelite image will update every 2 minutes and you can see where we are on the course.  Thanks for your interest and support!  I will give you guys a final race report when we get back.

Larry Perkins
Rider of Record Baja Monkeys & Longtime Penton Nut

rd400pi

Good luck Larry and be safe.  Cheers.

Mike H.
  Tulsa

slvrbrdfxr

Larry,
Wishing you the best of luck and a safe ride !! I'll look forward to hearing about it when the dust settles. Take care.
Dave McCullough

Larry Perkins

Thanks guys.  I am off to the adventure.  We have Internet at the house we have rented so I will try to let you know the haps.  Dave, you may know of one of our team guys for this one.  He has made quite an impact in Oklahoma Cross-Coubtry racing-Chris Tucker.

Larry P

firstturn

Larry,
  Keep us updated and you and your Team is my Prayers.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Larry Perkins

Thank you, Brother Ron for all thoughts and prayers.  We begin pre-running tomorrow.  You all missed a beautiful sunset over the Pacific tonight.  By the way the website to sattelite track is racetheworld.net instead of com.  I will correct it above too.

Larry P

tmc3c

Good Luck Larry!!! Watch out for the trophy trucks!! Be safe and bring it in on 2.

Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Larry Perkins

Yesterday was our first day of pre-riding and mine was fantastic.  My buddy and I did 141 miles and 40 of it was along the Pacific through little fishing villages.  At several we were swarmed by kids wanting stickers.

Unfortunately the other groups had problems and I won't get into all the details but will share the worst to get help with any prayers from believers.

One of our riders went down and broke his femur and it was an all night pickup ride getting him out of the desert to a little clinic and then an ambulance ride to Mexicali.  They have now life flighted him to San Diego where he is undergoing surgery.  I do not want to share his name because his wife has not heard yet but paryers for our hurt soldier would be appreciated.

We will rally and overcome this.  All is not bad as there are beautiful sunrises and sunsets, great riding, the sound of the surf at our back door and victory to come.  I will keep the interested posted and thank the rest for the space.

Larry P

firstturn

Thanks Larry.  You and your Team are in our Prayers.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Larry Perkins

Thank you, Brother Ron for all thoughts and prayers.  We begin pre-running tomorrow.  You all missed a beautiful sunset over the Pacific tonight.  By the way the website to sattelite track is racetheworld.net instead of com.  I will correct it above too.

Larry P

tmc3c

Good Luck Larry!!! Watch out for the trophy trucks!! Be safe and bring it in on 2.

Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Larry Perkins

Yesterday was our first day of pre-riding and mine was fantastic.  My buddy and I did 141 miles and 40 of it was along the Pacific through little fishing villages.  At several we were swarmed by kids wanting stickers.

Unfortunately the other groups had problems and I won't get into all the details but will share the worst to get help with any prayers from believers.

One of our riders went down and broke his femur and it was an all night pickup ride getting him out of the desert to a little clinic and then an ambulance ride to Mexicali.  They have now life flighted him to San Diego where he is undergoing surgery.  I do not want to share his name because his wife has not heard yet but paryers for our hurt soldier would be appreciated.

We will rally and overcome this.  All is not bad as there are beautiful sunrises and sunsets, great riding, the sound of the surf at our back door and victory to come.  I will keep the interested posted and thank the rest for the space.

Larry P

firstturn

Thanks Larry.  You and your Team are in our Prayers.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Dave Withrow

Larry,
   Much luck and we'll keep you in our prayers along with all the other competitors.  I'm just jealous cause it's 28 freaking degrees up here! Take care and ride like I know you can.......fast.

"Big" Dave