AMA Vintage Set Up Rules

Started by skiracer, November 30, 2008, 05:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skiracer

Hey guys,

I am looking for the AMA rules on the set up for vintage bikes. Are computers allowd, bark busters, etc.

Thanks, James
original owner 1976 250 MC 5
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

Jeff D

Plenty of Barkbusters seen at the Reunion Ride (although the purists scoff at them!).  What do you need a computer for?  There are no AHRMA off-road events with multiple speed changes, resets, etc.  For the qualifiers and the Reunion you really don't need a thing, but some guys like to run a route sheet and a watch.  As long as turns are mileaged and marked, you don't even need an odometer.

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell

brian kirby

Here is a link to the AHRMA rule book PDF file. Bark Buster are OK and I use them even if the purists scoff at me!

http://www.ahrma.org/rulebook/08_handbook.pdf

Brian

'73 Berkshire
Brian

skiracer

Hey Jeff, I run enduros with my bike and have the computer mounted.  I was just wondering if I will have to take it off for the Reunion Ride,thanks for the input.  James

Plenty of Barkbusters seen at the Reunion Ride (although the purists scoff at them!).  What do you need a computer for?  There are no AHRMA off-road events with multiple speed changes, resets, etc.  For the qualifiers and the Reunion you really don't need a thing, but some guys like to run a route sheet and a watch.  As long as turns are mileaged and marked, you don't even need an odometer.

Jeff DeBell
[/quote]
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

Jeff D

Leave it on!  Nobody will care.

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell

skiracer

Thanks Jeff, One more thing; how about the exhaust?  I have another pipe on the bike with a spark arrestor on it.  Can I use the original pipe?  

Quotequote:Originally posted by Jeff D

Leave it on!  Nobody will care.

Jeff DeBell
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

Jeff D

If you are already running enduros with that pipe, leave it on, especially if it has a good silencer.  Quieter is better!  The old "Less Sound = More Ground" bumper stickers from the 70s are even more relevant today!

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell

skiracer

thanks Jeff!  I appreciate the help!  James
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa