who's bringing what to york

Started by chicagojerry, January 23, 2009, 06:46:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chicagojerry

hi all. i'm planning on going to york tomorrow. who else is going? anyone bringing any good penton project bikes? i plan on bringing a husky 125 if i get it to start this evening. see some of you there. chi jer

tofriedel

No Pentons, but I am bringing a 1972 Honda SL-125 with new piston & rings, all new cables, rebuilt carb, new battery, etc.

Tony

Lew Mayer

I've got a basket case KT 250 trials bike but I don't know if I'm ambitious enough to load it up.:D

Hope to see y'all there.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

bkinnon

my first real motorcycle was a blue '72 Honda SL125. What color is your and how much do you want for it? I have a bunch of Pentons and parts if there might be something you need that we could trade with.
Downeast Pentons- Central Division

Kip Kern

How did the swap go?  Any goodies there? Don't forget Will Stoner's swap coming up the 8th at Ashland![:p]

Mike Berrington

I took my 1973 Jackpiner for the show and I was pleasantly surprised to win first place in the pre 75 off-road category.  I also purchased a bunch of non-Penton stuff.  

I left home with one bike and came back with 4 ... my wife was VERY pleased :(.... Including a bike from Paul Danik, I am sure he is morning the loss of this little bike.  

Several other bikes almost followed me home but I ran out room in my truck ... and probably ran out of martial equity at he same time :D.    

It was nice to see some fellow POG people there.

Mike Berrington
Waynesboro VA.
73 Jackpiner, 77 GS6 175
88 YZ250,  03 YZ450F
Mike Berrington
Waynesboro VA.

Paul Danik

The York swapmeet seems to just keep growing. The Old Main building was sold out as usual and Horticultural Hall was almost filled if not totally filled and there was a steady crowd all day.

It was great to see all the usual POGGERS there plus we met quite a number of new folks. The feedback from many of the members on the POG AHRMA sponsorship and numerous other POG items was greatly appreciated.

Congratulations to Mike Berrington on his first place win in the bike show with his beautiful Jackpiner. Mike, any chance of you posting a picture of you and your son along with your Piner and the trophy??

It was nice to see so many fathers with their sons, daughters and grand daughters at the swapmeet together, the next generation of POGGERS is indeed in training, some of the younger generation are also learning the art of haggling from their expert fathers....

Mike, I am glad your wife was so pleased with the new to you Yamaha, like I always say, I am only trying to help [8D]

Paul

Mike Berrington

Thanks & yes we will get a picture taken and get it posted in a couple of days.

My wife a fairly good sense of humor when it comes to bikes ... she's been around me & bikes 34 years and married for 25 years this July. HHhmmm 25th anniversary at VMD .... and who said guys can't be romantic :D.

Mike Berrington
Waynesboro VA.
73 Jackpiner, 77 GS6 175
88 YZ250,  03 YZ450F
Mike Berrington
Waynesboro VA.

Lew Mayer

Mike, your Jackpiner looked GREAT. Congratulations. Sorry I didn't get to meet you. I was the guy with the wool Penton cap on.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer