Riding Alone

Started by tmc3c, February 09, 2009, 07:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmc3c

I wanted to post about a good friend of mine named Ric Rudler. He rides a modern bike both in the woods and Moto-cross. Two weeks ago he went by himself to do a little riding at a track. Usually a little kid comes out and rides with him but today he was a no show. He unloaded and thought that maybe he will come out later. He started riding and while going through the woops the bike stood straight up and pitched him off without hitting him. This  fall cost him dearly! Broken femur in two places and broken arm, so bad that it took three plates to get it back together! This happened at 2:15p.m. and with nobody there! For 4 hours he drug himself to a neighbors house who happened to come out and heard him yell. Nicest guy you would ever want to meet and I hate that this happened to him. Please keep him and his wife Kim in your prayers!!

Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Dennis Jones

Thomas, I wish the best for your friend. Riding alone is something we all do at one time or another and it has its risk's but it is somthing I enjoy very much and will continue to do. I think about things like this but the rewards out wieght the risks and you just try to be as safe as you can. Nothing in life is sure so you just have to do what seems right for you.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

tomale

Thomas, sorry to hear about your friend. thankfully it was not life threating. In 77 I had a friend who was driving home after spending the evening with friends. The VW bug front end locked up on him and he went over an embackment that had been dug to keep rocks from rolling onto the road. He tried to crawl to the road but no one saw the car or him and well lets just say that it was the last thing he ever did. The police found him half way up the embackment and there was dirt under his fingernails...
I for one never go out alone. It does not take much for a bad situation to turn truly ugly.

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)74'
250 hare scrambler (project bike)
72'sixday (project bike)
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

tmc3c

Thanks guys! When they found Ric that night his body temp had fallen a good bit. They air lifted him to the hospital.He is getting stronger every day and will be going into therapy soon.

Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

tmc3c

Ric was able to come home yesterday. Thanks for the prayers guys.

Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

firstturn

Thomas,
  Thanks for keeping us updated and for being Ric's Friend.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh