Another vintage friend RIP

Started by Jeff D, February 28, 2009, 12:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff D

Stan "the Old Husky Dude" Beni passed away suddenly at the Daytona AHRMA races yesterday.  I don't know any details other than some speculation on the Vinduro and VintageMX sites.  Although he was mainly a Husky guy, as his nickname indicated, he loved all vintage bikes, events and us as his friends.  He regularly criss-crossed the country delivering bikes, and I'm sure some POG mounts have made the trip with him.  Many of us here know him from the Reunion Ride and other vintage events.  Always cheerful, always ready to lend a hand, spare part or advice, he was one of the many characters in our vintage world that make it so enjoyable.  God speed, Old Husky Dude!

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell

checkcrew

Jeff, thanks for bringing this sad news here to the POG, i have been following it on Vinduro as well, this is a sad passing of a great asset the the Vintage community, he will dearly be missed, "God Speed Stan"

Mike Gallagher, Camden County, NJ.
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

slvrbrdfxr

Jeff,
Thanks for the post. I'm shocked and saddened to to hear about Stan's passing because he was such a nice guy. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. God Speed Stan !!
Dave McCullough

Glenn Berry

Sorry to hear of Stans passing. I meet Stan a few years ago racing in the AHRMA cross country series.He would always show up in his sweat pants and work boots and Huskys. We were abut the same skill level and had some great times passing each other in the woods. IF I was lucky enough to beat him, Stan was always the first one in the pits to come by and congradulate me. He was born and raised the the Dundalk Md.area and I think still has some family there. I live close by,if anyone hears about his Funeral and where it is going to be please post it. My prayers are also with Stan and his family. We are going to miss him.

Glenn Berry
Glenn Berry

BlueRidgePathfinder

We all lost a good friend and a guy that would help a stranger in need.

I talked to Teddy Landers tonite and he has asked for everyone with a story of their friendship with Stan to please post it here or email it to him at:

[email protected]

Teddy is planning a memorial service for him at the church that he and
Stan attend. During the service he will read the stories. Please use the title Old Husky Dude if you are going to post on this site.

Thanks Steve-0 Jawa-CZ

sixdazed

I didn't know Stan personally but bought parts from him on ocassion.Always got a fair deal.Godspeed Stan.
                                             Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

Jeff D

There will be a memorial service for Stan the Old Husky Dude this Sunday, March 8, in West Plains, MO.  Teddy Landers has the details and hopefully will post here soon.  Teddy is also collecting written memories to be shared at the memorial.  If you can't attend the memorial but have an Old Husky Dude remembrance you'd like read at the memorial, get it to Teddy.

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell

Jeff D

By the way, from all reports, it appears that Stan passed away during the cross country race.  All in all, not a bad way to go, doing what you love and in the company of friends.  I know Stan told St. Peter, "Hey, no problem...I was making it a GREAT day!"

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell