MIssouri Vintage MX 100th race.

Started by Curtis Harper, February 20, 2009, 07:31:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curtis Harper

I would like to make an invite to everyone within the midwest / central USA to make it over this year to one of our Missouri Vintage MX races. We start off in just a few weeks on MArch 15 at Legends Raceway in Halfway, MO. Yep Halfway is a town. Great track, a bit toward the PV side of life with a couple more jumpos than most, but definitely still a good time on a short shocker.

But mostly I want to pimp up our 100th race of the series which will be at our "Home" track in Greenwood, MO on May 24th, Memorial Day weekend. Since it's meager beginnings of just a few guys in a field in 1998 to now, The Missouri vintage series has grown to an average race attendance of 160. Come help us celebrate 100 races. On Saturday, there will be a Vintage Hare Scramble, followed by a Vintage Trial, then Drag race / hole shot competition. Right behind that will be a father / son, father/ daughter team race. Big bonfire at dark to provide for some of the famous bench racing. Sunday will bring us to the big deal. Our 100th VMX race. On an ALL NATURAL, one mile trackWe run a full schedule of vintage and PV bikes with three classes for the kids. Plus this year we will be including the fourth round of the new USVMX National Series. And as always, a swap meet in the pits. Gate fee includes free camping (No Hookups). You will nee monday to rest up, you can't get this much ride time in one day anywhere else. So please mark May 23 and 24 on your calendar for Greenwood, MO. For more info please go to movmx.com.

Thanks, Curtis Harper
Missouri Vintage Motocross

Dennis Jones

Hi Curtis,

Michelle and I are not doing as many whitewater trips as we used to so I am going to try to make it to the memorial weekend event.

Do you remember our cheering section that set up lawn chairs at a couple of trials sections years ago? Well one of the couples are now pretty big into dual sporting so I am going to offer them bikes to ride and try to get them to come.

I'm dying to ride our new D & G ( Dennis & Gary) 100cc Penton. Maybe it can happen.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Mike Lenz

Hey Guys this is one of the most fun weekends of the year.  I have been going for the last few years, racing my 100 and having a ball.  The 100cc national thing kind of petered out (I guess all the Hodaka guys got tired of being beat by a Penton) but Im sure they will still have a 100 class Sunday...and any class is a blast on that track. Come check it out!