Perscription goggles

Started by skiracer, February 26, 2009, 11:16:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skiracer

Are there any other blind riders out there?  Does anyone use perscription goggles?  I started wearing glasses a couple of years ago, and need some help seeing my coputer screen on the bike.  I have seen a couple of companies advertising in the back of Dirt Rider, and was wondering if anyone has used one of them.  
James
original owner 1976 MC5 250
1976 MC5 250 project bike
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

john durrill

James,
 Give Rick Grant a nudge. He has used them for several years and should have good advice on what works.
 John D.

VICTOR MONZ

James.

I use the Scott OTG (over the glasses) goggles and they work well with my glasses.  The key I learned was to have a set of glasses made without my bifocle as I once jiggled my head a bit and could only see through the bifocles...kinda blinded me, braked too soon and nailed the rider in front.

Other than no bifocles they work great.

Victor

john durrill

Victor,
 I use the over the glasses goggles also.........ummmmmm with trifocals chuckle chuckle!!!!!
 They work well just have a hard time with fogging and  found i could not remove them while at speed. I tried that at the 2006 RR and ended up off the trail and in the trees with the bike on top of me [:I]
John D.

paul a. busick

James,  I have tried various goggles and lens with mixed success.  What has worked best for me is throw away contact lens. I realy like the contacts because they don't get the inside reflection that the goggles get when wearing a set of lens. If your goggles fit well they should keep out the dust and if it is realy dusty put a little baby oil on the foam along the sealing edge as well as the breathing areas. It is like oiling your air filter. Tough getting old, aint it?
Paul [8)]

Gary Roach

Before I decided to get Lasik eye surgery, I used the Pro-Vue Prescription Goggle Lens System:
http://www.pro-vue.com/moto.html

The prescription lens screws to the inside of the regular goggle lens so that you don't have to worry about the prescripition lens getting scratched. You can use Roll Offs or Tear Offs with no problem. I recommend defogging the lenses every time you ride, or get the goggles with the built in fan. I used them for a number of years, and they worked great!

The owner, Randy Nagel, and his son, Brett, are both AHRMA Vintage Motocross racers. Randy has a really neat bike called the; "Hontesa". It's a Montesa frame with a Honda 125 motor in it. Here a link to some photos:
http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=&nm=&type=news&mod=News&mid=9A02E3B96F2A415ABC72CB5F516B4C10&tier=3&nid=6B53A56D95E9492F83D0180D398C27AE

wfopete

+1 for Pro-Vue.  I've had mine for 10+ years.

Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good
Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

skiracer

Hey guys, thanks for the input!  I am leaning towards the proview.  I don't wear contacts, and I really don't like riding with my glasses.  My vision is okay for riding, I just can't see the details on my computer.  And yes, it is a bitch to get older!!!!  Thanks everyone.
James
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa