amateur 6 day clutch assembly

Started by imported_n/a, February 26, 2009, 08:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imported_n/a

I'm out of patience trying to compress the clutch basket enough to line up the last plate and tighten eventhing down.[xx(] Feels like I need 3 hands to do it. Was going to use a spare clutch hub to line it all up as instructed in the manual but don't want to tear into a spare engine for it. Any tips on an easy way to do this would be appreciated!!

Thanks as always,

cheeterman

desmond197

Buy one from Al I think they are $16.00

Rain Man

The Hammers sell a real good functioning clutch and cover to settle all your dragging and slipping clutch problems on the 125 Sachs motors.  ;)

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

harrO

I just completed this task on my steel tanker..it may apply. (1) put case on side so hub is vertical (2) assemble clutch plate pack on hub in reverse order  (3) place basket assembly, with springs installed, over pack (in reverse position) and carefully lift from hub.(4) gingerly attach layshaft gear to the basket assembly but do not tighten completely. (5) apply trans fluid to the hub and slide completed assembly onto hub in correct position.
Like you stated, the last plate may not be perfectly aligned. After two or three trials and some finesse the tightened assembly slid on like I knew what I was doing.
Thanks for posting your question. It made me rethink the process and get it in writing...for next time. Be patient...Good Luck.    Harry

imported_n/a

Thanks guys!! All 3 different/usable tips! I'm gonna try the harrO technique a few more times after mustering some more patience. It's good to know it'll actually work!! Any/all other tips welcomed -  

Chris H.