Ohio ISDTRR update

Started by Paul Danik, March 26, 2009, 09:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

According to Steve Barber, President of the Enduro Riders Association, steady progress is being made in preparation for the October 2,3,4 ISDT reunion ride, below is an update on the progress.

The entry forms should be ready shortly, when they are ready you can be assured that the information will be posted here and other appropriate locations. We are counting on all of you to help pass the word to anyone you know who might not be in the normal loop, but who may enjoy attending the event, even if they just want to enjoy the banquet and the fun weekend without riding.

Speaking of the banquet, a really fine facility that will allow for a large attendance has been secured.  The entries for the event and the tickets for the banquet will be handled separately. The reason is that the ERA is handling the banquet while the entry forms will be sent directly to AHRMA, this also makes it easier to handle all the banquet ticket sales that go to non riding attendees. All needed information for entering the event and buying banquet tickets will be on the entry forms.

A list of good local hotels is also being put together and will be ready shortly.

The trail for Saturday is pretty much mapped out, Steve and company are hoping to work this weekend on Sunday's trails. Once Steve has the trails laid out to his satisfaction they will be test ridden by some oldsters on some vintage machines :)  

Please do not wait till the last minute to send in your entry forms or banquet ticket orders.  There are numerous items that need ordered early on and if we have some good numbers to work with it really helps, your help in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Southern Ohio in the fall is one of the most beautiful and fun places to trail ride. The enduro history of this area is rich with stories of the great riders who rode the many prestigious events that took place in the area over the years.  Thanks to Steve Barber and the Enduro Riders Association for hosting the 2009 ISDTRR and giving us a chance to gather and ride in this awesome area.

Paul

Jeff D

Any of you OH-PA area guys who might run into ex-ISDT guys like Jake Fischer, Terry Cunningham, Mike Melton, Ron Bohn, etc., please let them know about this fall's Reunion in Ohio.  Same goes for you guys up in the Northeast.  This is a great chance to pull some of those guys out of the woods for a great Reunion.

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell

Admin

Steve Barber has sent me a list of motels for the ISDTRR.  

The location of the event is at the Vinton County Jr Fairgrounds . It is 1 mile north of McArthur Ohio on State Route 93 . The address is 31471 State Route 93 McArthur Ohio 45651.  There is no Host Hotel.

From Logan to Fairgrounds 30 minutes, 22 miles.
Athens to Fairgrounds 36 minutes, 28 miles.
Chillicothe to Fairgrounds 41 minutes, 33 miles

The Banquet will be held in the Student Center at Hocking Collage in Nelsonville Ohio. The address is: 3301 Hocking Pkwy Nelsonville Ohio 45764.  Nelsonville is about half-way between Logan and Athens on US 33.  Camping available at fairgrounds for $ 20.00 with electric and water hook-up $ 10. 00 primitive per night. Dump station on site

Here is a list of Hotels/Motels:

ATHENS Motel List
Baymont Inn & Suites
20 Home St.
Athens, OH 45701
(740) 594-3000

Hampton Inn
986 E. State St.
Athens, OH 45701
(740) 593-5600

Holiday Inn Express
555 E. State St.
Athens, OH 45701
(740) 592-4640

Ohio University Inn
331 Richland Ave.
Athens, OH 45701
(740) 593-6661

Super 8 Motel
2091 E. State St.
Athens, OH 45701
(740) 594-4900

LOGAN Motel List
Baymont Inn & Suites
12819 St. Rt. 664 South
Logan, OH 43138
(740) 385-1700

Holiday Inn Express
12916 Grey St.
Logan, OH 43138
(740) 385-7700

McArthur: Steels Motel, 740-596-2001

Chilicothe: Holiday Inn, 740-775-7000

Chilicothe: Comfort Inn, 740-775-3500

Chilicothe: Best Value Inn 740-775-2500

Jackson: Days Inn, 740-286-3464

For More Info: Call Steve at 614-582-7821 or 614 891-1369 before 9pm edt

Paul

conrad2

Jeff DeBell,
I see Jake Fischer quite a bit. He knows about the ride is trying to figure out what bike to ride in it. He was talking about a new KTM last week!

Conrad Pfeifer
1972 Penton Six Days
Conrad Pfeifer
of Mars PA, Home of The Paul Danik Presidential Library

Dwight Rudder

NEW KTM ???????????  Blasphemy !   Crazy Jake should ride a Husky, Penton or Hercules or some other vintage or even post vintage bike.  Riding a "NEW" bike is boring and not even fun when everyone is riding vintage bikes.
IMO,
Dwight

Dwight Rudder

I hope that the POG guys will be out in force.  I believe the Hodaka guys and the Ossa guys are planning a major assault. I have been thinking about riding my Six Day or Jackpiner if there is not a major showing of Pentons at this event.  If there are the hundreds of Pentons that I think should be there , I will probably ride a different brand just because I think there should be variety just to make things interesting.  I think riding my Jackpiner would just not be fair to the other Sportsman Class riders.  It is stinking fast !
Dwight

Jeff D

DR,
how about the Puch you rode at Park Hills a few years ago.  Something "other than a Penton" but certainly with ties to the region via Doug W, etc.
Re: Crazy Jake, who cares what he rides.  I just want to hear his funny stories again!  At one of the early Reunions down in Cass I about wet myself laughing at his tales of the 73 ISDT.

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell