Bruce Ogilvie passes away

Started by firstturn, April 15, 2009, 09:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

firstturn

The racing world lost one its Great Riders as Bruce Ogilvie passes away with cancer.  For those of you who followed Baja racing the last four decades Brice was a winner in Baja 250, 500 and 1000.  Below is a link for more information.

Godspeed Bruce

http://moto-racing.speedtv.com/article/bruce-ogilvie-1952-2009/

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

tofriedel

Ron,

Thanks for the heads up on Bruce.  I knew of his accomplishments as an off road competitor, but did not know of his connection with Honda.

We lost a good man.

My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Tony Friedel
Tony

firstturn

Tony,
  It is amazing how many people a person knows or works with in a life time and it is terrible when we lose one so young.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Dwight Rudder

Bruce and I rode the ISDT & E together.  I hadn't spoken to him in several years.  This is a sad day indeed.
Godspeed Bruce,
Dwight

sixdazed

Over the years Bruce has helped me with technical issues on the XR's and as of late the CRF's (though he wasn't a huge fan of the CRF's!).In 99 when i started desert racing again after a long absence i bought an XR and Bruce spent lots of time on the phone and faxed me a list of things to do to make my XR perform great and finish every race it entered in Best in the Desert and D36 + D37 races.Also let me pit with Team Honda at many of the races.Bruce was a great guy,talented rider,generous with his time and passing on his knowledge,and a great asset to Honda.He will be sorely missed by many of us.
              Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

firstturn

Neat story Ric.  If the truth was know Bruce helped so may people, but when you work for a major Race Team you have keep quiet about who you help.  He will be missed.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

BlueRidgePathfinder

I would like to offer my most sincere heartfelt condolences to all of Bruce's family, friends, and co-workers at American Honda upon his passing.

Although I never had the pleasure of working with Bruce, I have worked with Greg Holder, Charlie Keller, Chuck Miller, Scott Summers and Charles Halcomb, especially during the years I organized, promoted and ran The Honda Hoot Carolina Dual Sport Adventure Ride for them.  They all, without exception, spoke very highly of Bruce, as has Greg in our recent conversations.

One would have to have lived under a rock for the last thirty years to not know of the many stellar contributions Bruce made to our sport and our lifestyle.  He will be sorely missed!

Godspeed Bruce Ogilvie, I know for a fact you will be riding in good company on God's perfect trails.

Al Roof