spare tube location

Started by skiracer, May 03, 2009, 02:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skiracer

In prepping my bike for the woods, I am trying to decide where to carry a back up tube on the bike.  I currently have a tool bag on mhy rear fender, which isn't big enough for my tools, extras, and a tube.  I thought about a bag on the tank, or on my back.  Any suggestions?  What do the big boys do?

Thanks, James
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

tmc3c

James,
   How about bungee cord holding it on the outside of the tool bag on rear fender?

Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

p3mn256

moose makes a nice front fender bag for just use . its narrow and long enough for tire tool and axle wrench .   we use to loop one over our fanny pack belt with a inner tube rubber band to keep it there.

steve barber
steve barber

Dennis Jones

Wolfman makes a spare tube pack that mounts to the front fender of a dirt bike. It is very good quality and is used by a lot of the Adventure/Dualsport crowd.

//www.wolfmanluggage.com

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Larry Perkins

I am a tools in the fannypack and spares in the fenderbag guy for longer Vintage like ISDT type events.  For 1 or 2 hour Cross Country I do not carry a spare tube.  If I flat I pack it in.

Larry P

Dwight Rudder

If you wear a fanny pack then just loop the tube over your belt and secure with a rubberband.
OR if on 72-73 penton with a leather strap then you can put a couple rubber bands cut out of an old innertube over the strap and put the tube on the tank.
Dwight

rob w

Hi

Q: Where does the air come from ? A cartridge or pump ?

BW

skiracer

WOW!!!  thanks guys.  Since I already have a Moose fender bag, I think I will go with their bag for the tube, and their tire repair kit with the CO2 inflator.  I have a score card holder on my front fender, so I think I will mount the bag on the gas tank.  Thanks again for all your help and advice.

James
original owner 1976 MC5 250
project bike 1976 MC5 250
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

Dwight Rudder

Quotequote:Originally posted by rob w

Hi

Q: Where does the air come from ? A cartridge or pump ?

BW

Cartridges are faster and smaller.  A small bicycle air pump works fine too.
Dwight