1970 125MX

Started by Rob Phillips, April 14, 2009, 08:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob Phillips

Hello,
I am new to this group and new to Pentons.
I am restoring a 1970 125MX Steel tanker I think you call it. My customer wants the enduro kit added. I am trying to find the total specific items used.
If anyone has a list of parts I would appreciate it. If anyone has any parts for sale I will gladly buy them.
Is there a list of vendors for parts somewhere?

Rob
http://www.huskyrestoration.com

rob w

Hi Rob, welcome to the group

Headlight, taillight, handlebar mounted control switch, speedometer bracket, speedometer, speedo drive cable, front number plate w/cut-away for headlight, tank mounted tool bag, or tool bag on rear rack.

For a '70 model, there were mainly two different headlights (either acceptable), and 2 or 3 different taillights used.

From the home page here - go to 'Steel tank project' and questionaire. There you can see images of the different headlights on question / image # 47, and speedometer bracket image #49.

Alan Buehner @ pentonpartsusa has a taillight that is proper, the front number plate, a tool bag, a possibly a rack.
'Parmabike' on Ebay may have a speedometer bracket.

Bob

Rob Phillips

Bob,

Great! Thank you much. That is a good start.
Now to search

Rob

Rob Phillips

1970 125 Steel tank.
It appears that everything that is plated that looks like zinc is actually Cadmium. This corect?

Is there a list of parts that are Cad plated. I need to send them out for plating.

Is the chain guard supposed to be painted?

The Sachs engine looks like raw aluminum. Is it? Is it just bead blasted?
If not, what is the paint that is available today? and correct.

Rob