CMF Penton paint code needed-

Started by clayman, April 14, 2009, 10:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clayman

Could anybody tell me what would be a good color/brand of paint (rattle can) that would be close to the original frame color for a 1973 Penton 125, something that I can buy locally at an automotive or hardware store?

Maybe LG will know. LG, are you in Oregon, or did you bolt for sunny CA.? It's supposed to be 75 and sunny here this weekend.[8D]

Thanks,

Clay

garrettccovington

I painted my 72 six day with Rust-oleum HAMMERED 7213 silver.  All I am going by is memory, but it looks pretty good.  The top of the can is not how it shoots.  AND at 6 bucks a can, can't beat the price.  I wonder how it compares to the real deal.

G
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

DKWRACER

Hi, you can try VHT SP995 nu-cast aluminum,. Similar to PJ1 KTM silver. Looks to be avail. in flat, satin and gloss...

Adios,
Tom Brosius
Thomas Brosius

clayman

Great, thanks you guys!

I had the frame sandblasted and we are ready to paint as we speak, so your postings came at the right time.

Clay
1970 CZ 360
1971 Penton 125 Steeltanker
1973 Penton 125 Six-Days

garrettccovington

I just compared my broken rear motor mount (still original paint) with the frame and swingarm I painted with the rustoleum and it looks like a dead ringer.  Came out great.  I found the key was to use rust-oleum ultra cover 2x gray 249088 gray primer.  After drying, paint it with the rust-oleu hammered 7213 silver.  The key is don't apply the hammered finish real thick at one time.  This brings out the "Hammered finish"  several light passes and it looks great. At 6 bucks a can, bought at home depot, can't beat it. Since I am new to the POG, and out here in Barstow CA,  I don't have anything to compare it to other than my rear motor mount.

G
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250