Is there a So Cal meeting place?

Started by garrettccovington, June 05, 2009, 01:42:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garrettccovington

I'm a new member and I was wondering if there was a meeting place for So-Cal membership.  Vintage races, etc!!

I'm currently cleaning up a 1972 6-day.  This web-site is great and very helpful.

I bought my 6-day in 1972 with my paper route money,  In 1974 I went off to the army. Both of my brothers beat the crap out of it and parked it in a tin shed around 1977 and there it sat until a couple of weeks ago.  My wife asked me to get rid of it.   I pulled it out, took out the stock, disolved air filter, added gas and it started 2nd kick. Misses some shifts (1st-2nd). but runs good.
Now, its in the House getting freshened up.

Excersize bike out, Penton in.
 I don't think thats what she had in mind.
G
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

pakala

G,
 Your wife will regret asking you to get rid of that "old motorcycle in the shed" she should have let sleeping dogs lie. Because in a year or so you will, most likely have five or six more vintage bikes around the house by then!
 This weekend all the vintage bike will be racing MX at Perris raceway Sat. June 6  http://www.calvmx.net/  and Glen Helen Sun. June 7.http://www.americanretrocross.org/
 http://www.martytripesvintage.com/MTs100WorksRevenge.html
 I may be racing against Marty Tripes in the 100cc class!! Come on out.
                  Paul(socal)

Ron

Hi Garrett,
Where are you located? I have a 72 125 6-day also.
I'm in Azusa.
Ron

sixdazed

Paul,Please give us a report on the race next week.Blew out my knee or i'd be there-sounds way fun!
                               Ric
P.S.-Watch out for Marty-He's got to be the smoothest ever.I tried to keep him in sight at the old SCORE race at Riverside(big mistake) and he was so fast without even looking like he was trying-he won easy.
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

socalmx

There are a few of us Penton owners in the Southern California area. I live in Anahiem and have a 72 Six Day that I originally purchased 24 years ago for 50 dollars.

cdb50mx

Garrett ,

Monthly vintage races in So. Cal. with ARX on the REM track , Glen Helen raceway   wwww.americanretrocross.org  , classes for every bike and every body .

Mike

VICTOR MONZ

Garret.

I am a member of the CALVMX Club and we race at barona Oaks in Ramona, Perris MX in Perris, Glen Helen and a have an excellent private practice track.

The ARX guys are First Class and race Glen Helen and others, I am a memeber of this club, too.

e-mail me at [email protected] and I can share more of the Vintage experience I have had and am a Penton owner and racer.

I also have lots of Six Day parts, motors, etc...if you need anything to get her going.
Welcome aboard.

Victor

garrettccovington

Hey Folks, thanks for the info.  Can't make it to the races this weekend.  Kids are Graduating from High School and College next week.

I work in Barstow Wed thru Sat and rent a little 2 bedroom house.  Sat night I drive back home to Chino Hills to do all the Honey do's.  

The Bike is actually up here in Barstow now.  She just Rolls her eyes, when I tell here every week, I found that LAST part I need on the internet.  Trust me, she is sorry she ever mentioned Penton and Dump in the same sentence.  She is now asking who my  new Pal, Pay is!   You gotta love e-bay.  

G

72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250