ISDT Reunion Ride run

Started by Jeff D, July 06, 2009, 12:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff D

Trying to get a little fun "on the side" going at this fall's Reunion Ride.  AHRMA already runs and scores 3-person teams but a few of us are thinking of trying to informally run 6-person "Trophy Teams" just for fun, nothing official, no big awards or anything like that.  Here's the proposed format:
1.  6-person team ALL on vintage or post-vintage machines.  NO MODERN BIKES ALLOWED!  Even ISDT/E vets must ride oldies.
2.  All bikes on one team must be from same country of origin...ie 6 Huskies allowed, but not 5 Huskies and a Hodaka.  4 Huskies and 2 Monarks is OK too (same country).  Obviously 6 Pentons would be acceptable!
3.  Only one Trophy Team allowed per country ie. you cannot have 3 US Trophy Teams.  I figure 6 POG members will probably scoop up the US team spot, but that does not mean that 6 other members cannot ride as the Italian team, Dutch team, etc.
4.  Scoring will have to be done manually using the posted AHRMA results each day.

I'm sure other quasi-rules may come up at some point, but this is for fun.  If you are dead serious about a trophy, make sure you get on a 3-person team per AHRMA rules.  That doesn't mean you can't also be on a Trophy Team, just don't expect a tickertape parade if your team finishes first!
Speedy Clasen has already spoken for the German Trophy Team which will be Sachs and Zuendapp mounted.   A Spanish Trophy Team mounted on Ossas is already spoken for, too.  Everything else is up for grabs.
It would be cool to have a Swedish Husky/Monark team, a British Triumph/BSA/Rickman team, a Czech CZ/Jawa team, etc., but there's nothing that says you can't have a British team riding Suzuki PE's and Yamaha ITs at this point.  Of course, I'm hoping that 6 Penton guys will step up and claim the US Trophy Team spot quickly.
Trying not to make it too complex.  Less rules = more fun, I hope.
Let me know what you think!

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell

brian kirby

I'm in for a USA/Penton spot if we want to put one together.

Brian

'72 Berkshire
Brian

Jeff D

You should see if you can find another Berkie, a pair of Six Days and a pair of Hare Scramblers so you can replicate the Dalton team....Dane and Billy Uhl on 100s, Jeff and Tom on Six Days, Jack and Carl Cranke on 250s!

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell

Larry Perkins

I would do a Berkshire in 100 INT or a Six Days in Classic INT.  I have both topends.  Not near as fast as Brian in the woods but usually on Gold in the Intermediates.  Would prefer the Berkie.  Let me know if I can play or are needed.:D  I have some cool and HUGE old National BMX trophies we could convert for awards on this.  They are 4-5 feet tall.

Larry P

brian kirby

100 Int would be fine Larry. It doesnt matter how fast you are, the scoring is against riders in your class, so a team of 6 Novices that all won their individual classes would get a perfect score.

I think Jeff is right, duplicating the Dalton team bikes would be cool, and a nice tribute to those guys.

So to we need two guys on Six Days and two on Hare Scramblers, it could be from any skill class or even an age group class. Who else wants in?

Brian

'72 Berkshire
Brian

Dwight Rudder

Jeff Penton was on a Jackpiner 175 and Jack was on a 350 (400)Mint.
Carl Cranke on a 250 Hare Scrambler, and Tom was on a 125 Six Day with Dane and Billy on 100cc Berkshires.

G Ellis

I would be willing to ride a post-vintage 175 penton in the  pv-200 Int class.Later Gary

Mick Milakovic

I'm no Carl Cranke, but I'll be there on my 250 HS in the vintage +50 intermediate class.  

Mick
Mick

Jerry Chafton

I'm all for being part of this crowd, if you would let us old rookies participate. I plan to be there with my 250 HS in the 60+ intermediate class.
Jerry