1977 MC5 250 on Craig's List

Started by Dale Fisher, August 08, 2009, 07:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale Fisher

Attached is the link to what looks like a very nice MC5 I found posted 8/3/09.

Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

Larry Perkins

It is pretty nice and pretty high for what they have been bringing of late.  A POG member had to give an MC5 away recently on eBay for $1200.  That one was worth more than $1200 but that is what it took to sell it, unfortunately. The one you have shown here has been on Craigslist on and off for several months now without a sale. Times are tight.

Larry P

Dale Fisher

Larry,
I have much the same situation with a boat taking up space in my garage.  Until it goes or gets traded it looks like there's probably no Penton in my forseeable future.  My best chance would have been the $400 steel tank basket case I posted here that sold on Ebay a couple of months ago.  Some day I'm determined to own and ride a Penton again!  In the interim I'm still out there watching....:D

Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

Larry Perkins

Dale,

We will be believing for one to come your way.  Pentons are like dogs, they eventually find you.  

Larry P

tooclose racing

That MC5 has been listed before (earlier this year) at that asking price.  The Grand Rapids bike does appear to be in Excellent Condition and a wonderful example of the '77.  The gentleman listing it has every right to set the price at 3k but the reality is that it didn't move.  If someone is looking to get into Vint/PV right now, I'd say it's a buyer's market for sure.  I'm having a blast, but listening to my fellow racers, it does seem that - with the exception of the evolving Cross Country racing scene - sign-ups are down and the AMA/AHRMA chism is also doing the entire movement no favors.

There was a couple of MC5s listed on eBay (KTM badged) by a guy in CA earlier in 2009 that were real works of art in terms of their restoration/condition and the reserve was was up there (3k or 4k) -  I never did check back to see what he got for them.