Penton pipe

Started by William Burmeister, January 15, 2002, 01:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

William Burmeister

I've about given up on finding a stock motocross pipe for my 1974 250. Does anyone know if an aftermarket pipe is available?

Steve Minor

Do you have the old one for a pattern? Try a place called "Aircone" (702-566-1077) ....They may be able to help you with an exhaust...Used to be a guy there named Gary...

Steve Minor

Dr.2Stroke

Hello William. I know a guy in germany,which owns one. He sent me picture from the pipe. He wants about 250$ for it. Looks very useable,but a new one could be better. There are some guys in Italy,which constuct new pipes,but will be about 500$ for a new one,but i have to find out this address.I have a used  one for the GS Model. Regards Dr.2Stroke

Mike Lenz

Mr. Metalfab, ever get anaywhere on a pipe bender to make pipes?

Mike OReilly

I seem to remember that back in 95/96, "Circle F" somewhere in the area of Houston, Texas were making aftermarket pipes for the 250's (along with a whole lot of other bikes as well).

mikey

Quotequote:
I've about given up on finding a stock motocross pipe for my 1974 250. Does anyone know if an aftermarket pipe is available?

mikey

Quotequote:
oops..screwed up that last reply..Ace Racing makes a beautiful mx pipe for the 74 250 and it goes for under $150. I just put one on mine..takes several weeks cause he only builds them on order. you can reach him at 281-578-5992 in Houston ,Tx..real nice and real light compared to the stocker.

metalkfab

I've located a tube bender , but if Ace can build them for that amount I see no reason to even try (his price is almost like getting it for free).The Italians price is much more realistic .

William Burmeister

Hey Mikey,

Thanks for the info - sounds perfect!