Jackpiner Restoration Project

Started by KJDonovan, September 25, 2009, 10:23:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KJDonovan

Just learning how to use photo bucket, so I figured I'd try to post an abbreviated slideshow of my Jack Piner restoration.

[url][/http://s621.photobucket.com/albums/tt298/KJDonovan/?action=view¤t=4b88dbd5.pbw&evt=user_media_share]

Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner (My Ride)
72 Six Day (Wifes Ride)
Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
73 Hare Scrambler
74 Hare Scrambler
74 Mint

Lew Mayer

Very nice job! Looks good . You should be proud of your work.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

VICTOR MONZ

Beautiful work....the Jackpiners sure look pretty when all "dolled" up.

Victor

bbeck3100

Can you tell me who redid your pipe? Beautiful bike.

KJDonovan

bbeck,

I rebuilt the pipe.  I have a small welding shop in the garage and just took my time replacing the bad portions and tig welding it all back together.

KD

Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner (My Ride)
72 Six Day (Wifes Ride)
Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
73 Hare Scrambler
74 Hare Scrambler
74 Mint

tooclose racing

THAT is a great looking bike.  Very cool.  Now go sign up for a cross country race and have some fun![:p]

Rain Man

Very nice job kevin, now we got to get together and do an exclusive JP ride !!!  I have one question about the tail piece on the pipe. Usually the 2 exit holes run horizontally, I'm just wondering if it matters if their vertical or not ??

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

crash carden

Hello KJ Donovan, WOW!!! You have done an excellent job on your Jackpiner! [8D] I also like the tires you have put on it. I am guessing those are dual sport tires? I was reading your picture captions sounds like someone set this Penton out for the trash man? Glad to see you saved it and brought it back to its true glory. I also noticed in one of the before pictures what looks like one of the small black metal CEV oblong tail lights mounted on a rubber flap. I am looking for one of those tail lights for my Jackpiner and I see you have mounted a larger tail light on your finished bike. Would you be interested in selling the old tail light? Great looking bike! :D Crash Carden Go Penton!!

KJDonovan

Guys thanks for the complements on the restore.  Ray, the only reason the tail piece is mounted vertically is because at the time, I did not realize it should be horizontal.  But it does not seem to make a difference other than a few oil specs on my rear fender.  The JP ride sounds great, but I probably won't have my bike up your way until next summer.  My in-laws live in South Paris and I hope to have my wife bike fully restored by then so we will bring them both up next year.  

Crash, the tires are dual sports, Kenda's. They look good, but I am thinking of swapping them out for something a little more aggressive.  The front one does not have the bite I would like in the dirt.   I did rescue it from the trash also.  Back in 99 a buddy of mine and I were headed to his cousins house and he was in the process of hauling it to the curb after it spent 20+ years in his basement so I tossed it in the truck.  It did have the tiny CEV tail light and I know I have it around here somewhere.  I just took a quick look around and couldn't find it, but I'll look more later, if I can locate it I'll send you an email.

Thanks,

KD

Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner (My Ride)
72 Six Day (Wifes Ride)
Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
73 Hare Scrambler
74 Hare Scrambler
74 Mint

bkinnon

Kevin, if your in-laws are in So. Paris, maybe you, Raymond, and I could do a JP ride near my house. I live in Minot, about 6 miles from the center of So. Paris. I would have to have Raymond prod me to get one running though..
Downeast Pentons- Central Division

crash carden

Hello Kevin, [8D] Cool story on the Jackpiner. Thanks for the feedback on the CEV tail light,. Yes please email me when you locate it, [email protected]   Thanks for your help, Crash Carden