chicago jerry for ahrma trustee

Started by chicagojerry, November 07, 2009, 11:12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chicagojerry

hi all. since many of you are ahrma members, please remember that the december issue of vintage views will have a ballot to cast your vote for ahrma trustees. if i could get a large number of even just the pog members votes, it would go a long way to helping me in my bid for the board of trustees.please remember that i am running in the eastern region so you have to be from east of the mississippi to vote for me. i think that there will be quite a few candidates so there will be a lot of vote splitting.  i have worked diligently for the betterment of vintage racing and have been instrumental in putting together a number of very succesful ahrma cross-country events. feel free to contact me at [email protected]
 i'll be adding to this discussion from time to time to remind folks when it gets closer to the time to send in the ballots. :)

Lew Mayer

Good Luck Jerry.
You got mine.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

[email protected]

Jerry, You got my vote even if you did eat all my ribs at Mid-Ohio.      Stork

Glenn Berry

Jerry, Glad to see you are running for trustee again. AHRMA needs someone with your knowledge and energy. Best of luck.
Glenn Berry
P.S.  let me know if you have any info I could post or pass out at the vintage swapmeet in york this sunday.

Glenn Berry
Glenn Berry

tomale

Jerry, I wish I could vote to you but living east of the Cascade mountains is not close enough for me to be eligible...to vote for ya... We are in desprate need of honest hard working people.

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)74'
250 hare scrambler (project bike)
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Larry Perkins

Please remember to VOTE VOTE VOTE!  Hopefully you won't vote for the Same Old Same Old either.  If that happens remember the Same Old results are probably going to happen.  Dwindling participation and cancelled events from lack there of.

Larry P

chicagojerry

hi again guys. some of the Road Race crowd on another message board are being a little dismissive about my chances to win this trustee election. little do they know how many ahrma off road members are behind me, especially so many of you that are also POG members.i have a pretty decent following going on among those RR ranks as well. please get those ballots filled out when they come at the beginning of december and please vote wisely.  thanks, chicago jerry

Jerry Chafton

chicagojerry

well guys. many of you may have already received your ahmra vintage views. inside is the postage paid ballot. please take the time to send it in ASAP before its placed on the back burner. i need all the votes that i can get to be successful in my bid for trustee. but above all, please vote. also, remember that you have two AVAILABLE votes to cast on whatever side of the mississippi you reside. but if you feel strongly about one candidate in particular, you may want to consider casting only ONE vote. the second one could make the difference between your favorite candidate winning or losing to someone else, especially with there being seven people running. so please vote wisely.thanks everyone for keeping me in mind.chicago jerry grakauskas

tdthigpen

Jerry can Fred G. be trustee and offroad director both? Did not expect Bob S. to throw his hat in also.

Thom Thigpen
1974 125 Six Days (21c)
1972 125 Six Days
Thomas Thigpen
1974 125 Six Days   1972 125 Six Days (2)

chicagojerry

at barber,i asked a number of trustees to get this clarified before the ballots came out. they discussed it and decided that if fred did not accept a salary, that he could hold both. the other issue with it is that the Executive director (dave lamberth) answers to the board  but the ORD answers to the ED. so basically fred would be one of dave's boss's and dave would be fred's. anyway, the board says its fine that he can be both and if he gets elected, then we'll live with it. rob mclendon is in the same boat, he is the dirt track director.  when boydstun was ord, they would not let him be both trustee and ord. now they claim that it was all about boydstun being a salaried employee.  but regardless of who else is running or not, i plan on winning one the the eastern seats. i hope that everyone takes the time to vote...    jerry

Tim McKinney

Jerry

Sure wish I could vote for you, unfortunately, I live about 180 miles too far west of the river. Sure hope you get it done this time.

Good luck!!
Tim

OLD BIKES RULE!!!
OLD BIKES RULE!!!

Tim Grow

Jerry,
Indeed, I'm on-board, sir.
Hope that luck isn't a factor as your effort, time, and expertise at so many of the events have demonstrated the commitment.
Tim

Tom McPeek

Jerry, After meeting and talking to you, Seeing that you are actively out there for the betterment of AHRMA and all it's members.  You have my vote !!  It's time to throw out the old and bring in the new.   Tom

78 KTM250 MC5,74.5 Jackpiner 175 , 75 Husky 175 GP
74.5 Harescrambler 250MX, 74 YZ360A & 250A  ,85 IT200, RM100,250,400

chicagojerry

by now all of you fellow ahrma mamebers should have your december vintage views. please take the time to fill out the ballot and send it in. hopefully you will consider me when casting your votes. if anyone needs a ballot, they are available at the ahrma web homepage or i can send you one.  
 thanks.
 chicago jerry grakauskas